Is it the norm to pay for rental on card terminal and pay streamline

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesatin

Reaction score
I signed up with Handepay for a card terminal back in December on the understanding that I was to pay £12 per month. I didn't realise that as well as the £12 per month rental charge I had signed up to pay £10 per month for Streamline to handle my payments. I thought that Streamline were paid by charging per transaction? Can anyone shed some light on this please and confirm whether this is the norm or not. Thank you.

It can be normal. It depends on the company. Personally our streamline account is included in our WorldPay monthly payment and then just our transaction fee.

Tbh though £22 all in monthly + transaction charges is fairly normal anyway.

I use to work for streamline and we used to process payments from Handepay. They are just classed as a third party. Are you sure your not paying £9.99 for PCI DSS with streamline?

I use to work for streamline and we used to process payments from Handepay. They are just classed as a third party. Are you sure your not paying £9.99 for PCI DSS with streamline?
Sorry, PCI DSS?

It's a compliance thing you have to do every 12months or pay a monthly fee for being non-compliant.
I've just phoned Worldpay and apparently its minimum usage fee. Thanks for replies though guys.

Latest posts

Back