Is Majirel being discontinued?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny miles

Reaction score
Hii, I keep hearing all different stories about majirel being replaced by inoa & I just wanted to know if anyone knows what is really happening? I have used the majirel range for many years now & I love it but as I am now mobile I don't order through a rep anymore so I can't seem to get a definite answer as to whether or not loreal plan to completely phase out the majirel range!!! Does anyone know anything for definite as I'm thinking of switching brands if they are getting rid of majirel. :( xx
Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Yrs it's slowly going over to everything bring inoa... Try TIGI Copyright colour ;) x

Gutted :( ooh I've been looking at the tigi range as everyone who uses it seems to love it!xx

I was asking my loreal rep about this last week and apparently there are no plans at the mo to discontinue majirel as it is still a really big seller. Obviously though the big push is on inoa which they are always bringing new shades but no new ones for majirel :-( really miss some of the old majirel colours

Yes I asked the guys at Aston & Finchers, and they said as far as they know, Majirel is not being discontinued. They have however reduced and deleted some of their colors. :rolleyes:

It's not being discontinued although there is a big push to get people to move over to INOA. We have just had all our majerel stock uplifted and replaced with INOA (£1400 worth!!) so we better start getting better results and support from L'oreal or we will be off :)

It will go. They may not have put the start on getting rid of it, but with the push on Iona the majirel range will be gone within 2 years IMO xoxo

i heard that aswell :p

:( oh well it looks like I need to start doing some research on what brand I'm going to start using next. Thanks for all your replies guys, much appreciated!xxx

Hi guys! I use majirel and now this is happening I am going to plan a change. What colour line would you guys say is the most similar to majirel ? Similar results/numbering system. X

Hi guys! I use majirel and now this is happening I am going to plan a change. What colour line would you guys say is the most similar to majirel ? Similar results/numbering system. X

Tigi numbering is the same as loreal x

al lthe loreal group of companies are getting rod of there main color lines by 2014, inc matrix, majorel and redken and then transfer everything over to there new oil lines, this is why we left Matrix.
We have moved over to Alfaparf true exclusive line, alfaparf also make the Tigi line color and Also Alfaparf colors are based on the Majorel format so there numbering system is great and the best thing is the cost, £4.25 a tube, no min orders too which is Great

al lthe loreal group of companies are getting rod of there main color lines by 2014, inc matrix, majorel and redken and then transfer everything over to there new oil lines, this is why we left Matrix.
We have moved over to Alfaparf true exclusive line, alfaparf also make the Tigi line color and Also Alfaparf colors are based on the Majorel format so there numbering system is great and the best thing is the cost, £4.25 a tube, no min orders too which is Great

But you can't intermix alfaparf like you can Tigi ;) x

all the permanent colors are inter mixable with one another, the shades are beautiful and coverage isexcellent, for there tone on tome range colr ware it is FAB, we just like alfaparf loads as it is a Great color and a GREAT price, and it must be good too as they produce the same color for Tigi. the ammonia content is just 0.7 % and is PPD free too on all there colors.

Well ive definatly heard its being phased out and replaced with the oil ranges...within 10 years! Fun times! 2014 is round the corner if you think about it. Im kinda annoyed that l'oreal insist on chucking it in professionals as the new big thing. Why cant we stick to what we love!!!

I've order the color insider to get to grips with it, so i can get used to it, if thats the way things are going. I dont like being pressurized as a salon owner, but i feel i must try it out before i completely find myself hating it! Me and the staff are on a happy hour soon for it, and i will let you guys know how we get on....Fun! xoxo

Latest posts

Back