Is the Dyson hairdryer worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginge1995

Reaction score
ok so I have a ghd hairdryer but my back up has just broke, I’m really torn on what hairdryer to get and i quiet fancy the dyson.
But are they all what there cracked up to be ?
Thanks x

Yes but I believe the pro ones are out of stock until the new one comes out next year

Yes but I believe the pro ones are out of stock until the new one comes out next year
Fab thanks. Ahh ok so is the dyson supersonic not the pro one ? Xx

There are two- the one you buy as a consumer and a pro one with a warranty

They are exactly the same but the pro one comes just in gunmetal grey, and you get 1 nozzle instead of 2
Nothing else is different , mine actually started cutting out last week! ( had it about 8 months )
I cleaned the filter and it's been ok since

Longer lead and also has a pro Warranty- if you buy the consumer one you have no warranty

The pro warranty is only 1 year . The consumer one is 2 . The lead is not as long as most other pro dryers

If your using it for professional use the consumer one has no warranty

I bought the consumer one at first only lasted 6months then they send me out a pro, personally i dont think theyre is any difference in them atall & i prefered my parlux hairdryer over my dyson anyday. I feel its not powerful enough when you use a nozzle on it x

GO PARLUX :D:D:D
Advance Light - the way to go......:cool:

I might find it difficult to go back to a regular dryer , the dyson is so stumpy I might forget and crack a client on the head [emoji15]

Ive tried it but much prefer my parlux

I spent an age researching the quietest hairdryer,the results came up with Parlux-I have used the Parlux with a silencer and although it is very powerful it is still very loud!
I have been interested in the Dyson to see if it’s quieter?

You can hold a conversation easily with customers over the sound of dryer ,

The Parlux? I have found it to be noisier than previous hairdryers I have used.

ok so I have a GHD hairdryer but my back up has just broken, I’m really torn on what hairdryer to get and I quite fancy the Dyson.
But are they all what they're cracked up to be?
Thanks, x
I got my hands on one day. I can say that it is so much quieter than any hairdryer I've seen before but it's not much lighter than my Parlux advance light. the weight is distributed differently so it's not top heavy, but overall, it's not that big of a deal. IMO, it's not worth the money, if it was £150, then sure, go for it, but not at £350 for the pro version! They claim that you cannot burn the hair when drying, but in all honesty, if someone is singeing hair, they need to work on technique, you should always rough dry to 80%, then dry on high speed and medium heat

I paid £280 for my dyson in Feb

If I go to a salon myself and they rough dry my hair 80% before going in with a brush , I feel rushed and as if they are not paying time /care

For a blow dry to last then the styling should start from damp not almost dry in my opinion-especially on naturally frizzy hair-it is better to work the hair smooth or curly rather than to correct with heat tools after.

I agree especially with curly / wavy hair

Latest posts

Back