Is the Dyson hairdryer worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I go to a salon myself and they rough dry my hair 80% before going in with a brush , I feel rushed and as if they are not paying time /care

The tools I use work best this way.
If I were to use my tools the conventional way from soaking wet hair, you would be sitting in my chair between 1-6 hours for a simply blow dry depending on our length.
If I’m allowed to do my job properly, you can expect a blow dry to take 20-40 minutes depending on the length. On top of that, with proper tension and technique, as long as the hair is evenly 20% damp you will not have an issue smoothing curly hair, unless you use ceramic brushes. This is the way that I have been trained and it works well for me. I’ve always been taught the Cut is more important than a blow dry, it’s better to spend 45 minutes cutting and 15 minutes blowdrying than the other way around so the hair lays correctly, especially as if it’s not cut properly and you blow dry to compensate, the client will not be able to replicate this.
Now the tools I use are YS park brushes. If I was to use high heat on someone, I would wreak my brushes, they would literally fall into a million peices, they are designed to give the best result with the way I have described. It’s impossible to damage the hair with them as by damaging the hair, you ruin the brush.
I do keep a few ceramic ones that I was blowdry wet hair if I am in a rush, and I always need to touch it up with heat tools after because it’s impossible to get the same tension. Even when blowdrying curly.

For a blow dry to last then the styling should start from damp not almost dry in my opinion-especially on naturally frizzy hair-it is better to work the hair smooth or curly rather than to correct with heat tools after.
I agree with you. 80% dried is damp. More than that is pretty much dry, anything less is too wet to blowdry efficiently with boar bristles. I don’t own a straightener, I’ve never had to use them unless working with afro hair, in which case a brush will cause more damage than heat tools andI borrow someone’s and I only get this kind of hair once every other month a most. Most people with Afro hair have embraced it

If I go to a salon myself and they rough dry my hair 80% before going in with a brush , I feel rushed and as if they are not paying time /care
Get yourself a G series YS park brush in the biggest size, a promise you, you’ll be shocked.
The price I was referring to is what a stylist on Facebook said they put them up to for the proffesional model with proffesional insurance, as apparently they had a shortage recently. But as I’ve never bought one myself, I can’t say for sure xx

[merged posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
I used one for a week couldn't see anything great about it.. not worth £300!
Parlux advance light ion ceramic £99 can't beat it!!

Latest posts

Back