Is this a Greenie? Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this a Greenie? Help!

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sophia1890

Reaction score
Advice please!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 433
Yes that is a greenie, a bacterial infection. You need to thoroughly cleanse and dehydrate the nail plate before proceeding onto any further treatment.

Advice please!

Are those acrylics? I would soak off then tell her I cant do a service til her gp has treated her. That looks pretty serious and I won't be held responsible for providing a treatment on infected nails and exacerbating the situation :(

It's a bacterial infection as soon as you take off the acrylic an the air has got to it the bacteria dies. Thoroughly dehydrate an sanitise and you can apply acrylic straight away

It had gel on. I have taken the gel off completely and just put nail polish on I said we will have to wait until it has grown out. So just to check it's nothing too serious? Does it just leave staining for a while?

I've been so worried!! She said it doesn't hurt at all.

There's nothing a Dr can do. As has been said once the air is on it the bacteria dies and what your left with is simply a stain which needs to grow out. Cleanse and dehydrate and you can then reapply product.

Pure is spot on. No need to go to doctor, the green will have to grow out, don't attempt to file it off as this will only thin the nail and cause further lifting, which is what would have caused it in the first place.

Usually caused by lifting which the client has just left till next appt rather than getting repaired (tightarses). Water gets in during day to day activities and then it starts.

Google pseudomonas.

Check out this old article from The Geek which will explain what it is and how to deal with it, a GP is not required, neither is leaving it to grow out:-

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/moldy-oldy-fun-guys.2641/

Sadly these articles and tutorials are unavailable since the platform move, I think it's a sad thing but you can find them by Googling for them.

I didn't mean leave it to grow out before re-applying acrylic. I just meant it won't fade. X

Latest posts

Back