Is this a reaction to a primer please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolie69

Reaction score
Hi,
Just needed some advice or to see your thoughts on this - the client/model has been lovely about it BTW.
I did 2 "model" makeovers on Fri night - creative, not wearable "fairyesque" looks to show some variation in my skills for portfolio.
I did consultation but did not charge for these obviously. Both girls said they were not sensitive and had never had a reaction to product. However both were touch sensitive to cats - don't kill me but I have 4! They are obviously not allowed in my room but are in the house.
I completed make-overs inc lashes (glue) and took lots of photographs inside and outside - whole thing took about 2 1/2 hrs so they were wearing the makeup all that time with no problems. Also no reactions to cats presence in house.
They then went home and eventually remove makeup with their own products and went to bed.
In the morning 1 of the girls contacted me to say her face was red and swollen and asked if it could've been primer as she doesn't usually use primer.
I used Airbase primer and foundation on both, then "Sleek" eyeshadows and blush for makeover mainly with a bit of Illamasqua. They were in house for 2 hours, but did not see or touch any of the cats!
Would it have taken this long for such a bad reaction? This morning, Sunday, she has said it is now getting better.
I'm now worried as I always do a consultation - I mainly do Bridal makeovers, and can check for sensitivities that are mentioned - lanolin etc but never actually had any reactions.
Thank you x

I can't see it being the primer as all primer does is provide a silicone base over the top of the skin.
Did you use your own moisturiser before the primer?
Whenever I have my make-up done professionally, their moisturiser ALWAYS stings my face and I end up breaking out the next day. Since I used my own, I've not had any problems.
Also, could your cats have gone near any of your kit?

Hi I didn't use my usual moisturiser which is a Bobby Brown one as they had just removed their own make up at home and moisturised.
The cats cannot get to my kit as its all contained in a large trolley box and I clean my bushes with alcohol cleaner that gets rid of everything. I applied primer with my hands which i'd just washed in front of them as always and avoid cross contamination by scooping out products with disposable spatulas. Foundation was obviously airbrushed on so no contact with applicators at all and no powder used to set.
It is bizarre - thanks for reply x

Did you do a patch test before applying the eye lash glue?

Hi yes they had already had lashes and this was all over the face not just eyes.
Thank you for reply

Could be the primer, some people are sensitive to it.

sensitive to silicone I mean

Latest posts

Back