Is this hair too short for hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had a referral come through from a lady's extensions I do, she works for a local news paper and a blogger has emailed me wanting hair extensions via my client. I would really like to do them because she has a large audience on Instagram with over 50,000 followers and it would be great exposure for me. Only thing is, she has really short hair and i only really like doing LA Weaves, i trained in nano rings too, but don't like doing them. She only really wants the hair down to her shoulders.

Elli.JPG

I personally wouldn't do a la weave on hair that short. It also look quite fine

Always recommend that your clients hair should be 4-6 inches of the neck to apply hair Extensions otherwise doesn't look right. X

I think i will advise her against for the time being and wait until her hair grows.

I had bonds in my hair when it was that long, it looked hideous tbh, litterally had to ware it curly all the time, it just doesn't blend no matter how hard you try

If you look up Frankie from the Saturdays she had hair that length and she had bonds put in and it looked really good afterwards (I know u don't like nanos but may be a good idea if it's going to get you more clients with her having so many followers)

If you look up Frankie from the Saturdays she had hair that length and she had bonds put in and it looked really good afterwards (I know u don't like nanos but may be a good idea if it's going to get you more clients with her having so many followers)
Well if she looks after them then it would be okay. I have just had a bad experience with one lady and unfortunately she was the only lady who had them in from me, so haven't had a huge amount of practice! x

I'm following this as I too tonight have had a lady with an inverted bob. Her hair was thick and I'm hoping I can blend it but now I'm worried it's not going to work?

I'm following this as I too tonight have had a lady with an inverted bob. Her hair was thick and I'm hoping I can blend it but now I'm worried it's not going to work?
Sorry meant to say doing it with Nano's

Attachments

• IMG-20160324-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20160324-WA0010.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 162
Sorry meant to say doing it with Nano's
I think it will work if the extensions are only 10-12 inches long. I don't think hair extensions longer then that would blend with the top layer of natural hair being short X

Hi all,

I have had a referral come through from a lady's extensions I do, she works for a local news paper and a blogger has emailed me wanting hair extensions via my client. I would really like to do them because she has a large audience on Instagram with over 50,000 followers and it would be great exposure for me. Only thing is, she has really short hair and i only really like doing LA Weaves, i trained in nano rings too, but don't like doing them. She only really wants the hair down to her shoulders.

View attachment 195478

I could blend that with pre bonded method but I have been doing extensions for 7 years.

I dont think i am going to do the lady's hair that wants it done, i dont like doing nanos and it wont look great with a weave x

I think it will work if the extensions are only 10-12 inches long. I don't think hair extensions longer then that would blend with the top layer of natural hair being short X
Here's the after too ill try and upload the straight version but it look ok too tbh

Attachments

• 1459460931824.jpg
    1459460931824.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 121
On either of these clients as long as you use enough hair then these could be blended to look natural, it's confidence and experience that's needed although I would not use a weave for either of these ladies.

I have decided not to do it for this lady, i messaged her and explained that i really need at least 6 inches of hair and if she were to grow it a little longer I could do it for her, her response was "really, that's funny because a company from brasil just sent me the hair and a lady from a local salon gonna do it for me, she said my hair was ok, but anyway, thanks for the reply"

Thought it was a little rude, but don't think English is her first language so she might have just used an on line translator and its coming across as rude! x

I have decided not to do it for this lady, i messaged her and explained that i really need at least 6 inches of hair and if she were to grow it a little longer I could do it for her, her response was "really, that's funny because a company from brasil just sent me the hair and a lady from a local salon gonna do it for me, she said my hair was ok, but anyway, thanks for the reply"

Thought it was a little rude, but don't think English is her first language so she might have just used an on line translator and its coming across as rude! x

I don't think theres any way that could've not been meant as rude before it was translated tbh x

I don't think theres any way that could've not been meant as rude before it was translated tbh x
Yes but we can't really tell from a post what the emotion is or the way its spoken so we read it how we want to. Unless the words are abundantly blatant, but usually they're not so its difficult for us to decipher what the intention behind it is.

Yes but we can't really tell from a post what the emotion is or the way its spoken so we read it how we want to. Unless the words are abundantly blatant, but usually they're not so its difficult for us to decipher what the intention behind it is.

I'd consider that pretty blatant really.

Latest posts

Back