Is this legal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyKy

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

When I get to the point where I'm confident in what I've learn so far in the courses I'm going to study, I'd like to offer free treatments/makeovers to build experience.

Is it legal? I mean, if something went wrong, what would happen?

I'm a bit confused and I'd like to do things by the book.

It's a little early, but I'm thinking in advance to avoid obstacles.

hi

when i was at college and practacing on friends outside college my lecterur told us its fine to do as long as your not accepting money. you could accept a gift such as wine, chocolate etc

it might be worth your while looking into student insurance though. just to cover your back. i remember my lecturere telling us a story about a girl who was waxing her mums friend (this was a life long friend) at the ladies own house. she spilt some wax on the carpet and the lady made the girls mum pay for it off their home insurance. she refused to use her home insurance even though it was her who asked for the waxing and was getting it free.

You should make sure that you are properly insured before carrying out treatments, just in case. If you would like more information on our student insurance, feel free to give us a call on 0845 2177 383.

Get student insurance and if you work from your own home you don't have to worry about paying out for damages.

Latest posts

Back