Is your tanning business busy or quiet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coconuts

Reaction score
I am interested to know if any others are as quiet as me? It's terrible at the moment:cry:
Ideas on a postcard to help me?

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're quiet. I am too.

I think the weather is having a big effect along with the amount of competition that has popped in my area. I also think that people are holding on to their money but there are also a lot of geeks on here that are really busy.

I'm getting a bit paranoid that it's just me that's quiet but I think it is almost everyone in my area.

Jackie x

I am sorry you're quiet too but glad I'm not on my own :)
I think you're right about the weather and I also think school holidays too..

Scratching my head for ideas now :)

I know what you mean.

My local paper is doing a Glam Mag pull out in the next couple of weeks so I've just put an ad in that. I have also visited a couple of my local hairdressers and offered to give one person a free tan in return for putting a poster in the window and leaving some leaflets on their counters. Or instead of giving a free tan straight away, I have given them some leaflets and for every five customers they get me, someone receives a free tan.

At the weekend, I am also going to call in to a couple of local golf clubs to do the same and see if I can get myself in to a few hotels that do weddings but offer no beauty services.

I've just 2,500 A5 leaflets designed so i'm trying to build up the courage to stand in the local shopping precinct outside Next and New Look and hand out leaflets.

I hope this helps you.
x

At the weekend, I am also going to call in to a couple of local golf clubs to do the same and see if I can get myself in to a few hotels that do weddings but offer no beauty services.

I've just 2,500 A5 leaflets designed so i'm trying to build up the courage to stand in the local shopping precinct outside Next and New Look and hand out leaflets.

I hope this helps you.
x

thats a great idea! go for it! do you not have a couple of nephews or nieces you could bung a fiver or offer to take them to Macdonalds in return for handing them out for you?

Thanks, i have got people that have offered to help but I thought if people wanted to ask questions then it would be best if I did it myself.

I need to find out if I need permission first but think this would be a great promotion for my business especially if I offer them a special price for bring one of the leaflet with them to their appointment. Thinking of giving them £5 off or something...

xx

I am interested to know what are you actually asking price wise for a tan? I am very busy at the moment so I was just wondering if perhaps you are too expensive?

dead. my clients are too busy sunbathing!

Hi Roxie20

I charge £24 for a full body in my local area and £21 for two people booking at the same time.

Tanning parties start at £16.50 per person or the host can have a free tan and everyone pays £20 each.

The average price in my area is between £25 and £40.

I've just done a special offer for £20 and it didn't really make any difference at all.

Jackie x

Absolutely dead here too! People are sunbathing, despite the risks.
Blimmin' busy with Shellac though, so I can't complain!

I am thinking of expanding in to something else so that when the tanning isn't busy, I can be out doing something else.

Not sure what avenue to go down next, eyelash extensions may be the way to go...

I'm not very busy with tanning at the moment....
Maybe adding an extra service will bring in new clients, I've started to promote other services that I offer.
I checked with my local council about handing out leaflets in our local town centre...they asked for £150 a day during the week so I decided not to go ahead with that idea!!
You could ask the actual shop if they would let you stand inside their shop and hand out leaflets for maybe an hour or so...if a few shops agree then it could be just as good as standing in the shoppping centre.
I've had a load of leaflets printed, akthough i'm not a fan of leaflet drops i'm gonna give it a go!

Big hugs...hope it picks up for you soon xx

I can't believe they charge that much. I need to check with my local council but yes, that is a good idea to ask the shops.

I do Airbase Airbrush make up but only on family and friends at the moment so I might have to start advertising for evening wear make up...

I'm going to look into Nails and eyelash extensions also to see what may be the best way to go.

Thanks Jenny, I hope it picks up soon as well but at least it gives me spare time to think about marketing etc.

I am finding business is fairly consistent, but the weather and the school holidays dont help! In addition to spray tanning, I sell makeup by doing makeup parties and find that earns extra as well as having a "free audience" to tell them about the tanning - I have picked up a lot of customers that way :lol:

Sue

Thanks Sue, I have thought about doing something like that. I wouldn't mind doing something like Body Shop parties.

I need to sit down and have a bit of a brain storming session.

Jackie :)

Latest posts

Back