Issues with nail tape? Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 203433

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why I can't get nail tape (the thin ones that look like tinsel) won't sit properly on gel polish? I was doing a clients nails the other day I got to the final layer of colour and cured, I can place the tape vertically on the nail from the cuticle to the free edge, but when I tried to do it horizontally, it lays flat on the top of the nail but sticks out at the sides I tried weighing it down with top coat and builder gel and curing but the sides were still stuck up out of the polish.... would it be okay to use a little bit of glue or something?

Can anyone tell me why I can't get nail tape (the thin ones that look like tinsel) won't sit properly on gel polish? I was doing a clients nails the other day I got to the final layer of colour and cured, I can place the tape vertically on the nail from the cuticle to the free edge, but when I tried to do it horizontally, it lays flat on the top of the nail but sticks out at the sides I tried weighing it down with top coat and builder gel and curing but the sides were still stuck up out of the polish.... would it be okay to use a little bit of glue or something?
I use a tiny little dab of glue/resin just on the very ends. It works for me hon

I had a real problem with this. It wouldn't stick at all for me until I removed the inhibition layer. So now I top coat remove layer, apply tape then top coat again x

Latest posts

Back