Itchy scalp...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicky Macca

Reaction score
Hi

Hope someone can help!? I had micro ring hair extensions applied about 3 weeks ago and I absolutely LOOOVVVEEE them. Took me a while to get used to washing etc, but they are gorgeous. The only problem is my scalp. For the last couple of weeks the itch I've had is becoming unbearable. I thought initially perhaps it was the bonds being damp, even after me blow drying them, or maybe its the hair that wants to shed that actually can't release itself, and that its bonded their tickling my scalp??!!

Really hope someone can help. I love them, but this is ruining the fun of having them finally put in

Thanks

Vicky xx

How often are you washing yoir hair vicky?
I find after the gym my scalp gets unbareabely itchy.. therefore needs washing asap.
:)
xox

Hi

Hope someone can help!? I had micro ring hair extensions applied about 3 weeks ago and I absolutely LOOOVVVEEE them. Took me a while to get used to washing etc, but they are gorgeous. The only problem is my scalp. For the last couple of weeks the itch I've had is becoming unbearable. I thought initially perhaps it was the bonds being damp, even after me blow drying them, or maybe its the hair that wants to shed that actually can't release itself, and that its bonded their tickling my scalp??!!

Really hope someone can help. I love them, but this is ruining the fun of having them finally put in

Thanks

Vicky xx

Yes they can get very itchy and this is due to the gravity on the scalp and the silicone rings may need resetting further up the hair though not direct to the scalp. Also make sure all product is washed out well.

Thanks peeps xx
My hair is oily at root and dry at ends, and i'm used to washing it every day - its so fine i get away with it. Of course i can't wash my ext every day, so maybe thats it!

Thanks hair geeks. Appreciate it! xx

Not being rude, but have you checked for nits? Had a client with itchy scalp long after her ext were put in and that turned out to be the cause.

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!DONT SAY THAT TO ME. Will go to salon 1st thing tomorrow. OMG X:Scared:

Latest posts

Back