ITEC qualifications - advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine197

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking into a career change and hoping to enter the beauty industry. I have been looking into a 12 week course provided by The Training Room. The qualification is an ITEC Level 2 and 3 in Beauty Therapy.

As I am new to the industry I just want to check that this is a good qualification and also that I would gain employment with it? I live in Glasgow and have noticed that a lot of salons and spa's want you to by HND qualified, for which I would need to do 2 years at college.

Does anyone know how ITEC 2 & 3 compares to HND in Beauty Therapy? Also has anyone used The Training Room for the course as can't find any reviews online!

Thanks in advance.

Hi itec qualification is not as high as a HND in beauty, in the HND you will cover a lot more, hope this helps
The delivery of HND Beauty therapy required a total of 30 credits this is gained from 15 credits in year 1 and 15 credits in year 2.

The delivery for this course consists of Year 1 - Aesthetic based:
Make-up; Nail Extensions; Reflexology; Human Anatomy & Physiology; Product Knowledge; Contemporary Aesthetic treatments; Stone Therapy; Employment Experience 1; Management and Practice of Facial Therapies; Management & Practice of Body Therapies; Graded Unit 1

The delivery for this course consists of Year 2 -Complementary/Spa based:
Principles & Practice of Selling; Employment Experience 2; Preparing and Presenting a Business Plan; Lifestyle Advice for Clients; Graded Unit 2; Electro Cosmetic Therapy; Aromatherapy; Seated Massage therapy; Spa Treatments 1; Indian Head Massage and Contemporary Electrotherapy.

I'm a beauty & holistic therapist , lecturer and assessor please get in touch if you need anything else x Jo

Hi thanks so much for your reply. I kind of thought HND was the better qualification but can't commit to doing the 2 year course at the moment. Is the ITEC still a recognised qualification that would enable me to gain employment or insurance to be self-employed? Need to decide if this is a worthwhile course to do.

TIA

Hi thanks so much for your reply. I kind of thought HND was the better qualification but can't commit to doing the 2 year course at the moment. Is the ITEC still a recognised qualification that would enable me to gain employment or insurance to be self-employed? Need to decide if this is a worthwhile course to do.

TIA
Hi,

I would suggest that you check out the following link for ITEC which will tell you all that you need to know.

http://www.itecworld.co.uk/video/AboutITEC/

Latest posts

Back