Ive dyed hair black but now i want it lighter... Can it be fixed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolatesam

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
Im looking for advice on what can be done to correct my hair. Im planning on making an hairdressers appointment tomorrow and was curious (and worried) about what (if anything) could be done to correct my mess...
Is there anything that can be done now? Or will i have to wait a while?
Heres my disaster story....
Ive had my hair lightened for many many years and considering the amount of times ive lightened it the condition of it is quite good. (Ive always done it at home myself, naughty i know but it always turned out ok)..
Recently tho i decided i needed a change, i wanted to stop dying it all the while so i put a warm brown home dye on. It turned out ok, but after a couple of weeks it started fading and looked wishy washy. So in a moment of madness i redyed it black.... Yes "BLACK" :irked: oops big mistake.
It feels way too dark and after 3 weeks it asnt faded, i do have some lovely lighter roots showing through tho. So in another moment of madness i tried putting a baby blonde colour on today, to lighten the black slightly. Lets just say my roots are now a lot lighter but the black as stayed the same colour.
Is there anything i can do?
If i ring a hairdresser will they beable to do anything to change the colour or will they tell me to call back in a few weeks?? :cry:
I dont usually go to a hairdressers although after this mess i think im going to start. And yes i know thats where i should have gone in the first place..
Is there anything a hairdresser can do in a salon to remove my black to a lighter colour without damaging my hair? Knowing ived dyed it quiet a lot over last few weeks...
And does anyone know roughly how much this will cost me???
Thankyou

they will prob have to cleanse your hair first and then see how that takes and what colour you can go from there

I'd say its a bad plan to colour your own hair - period. Hope the hairdresser can help you :)

If it's pre-lightened underneath the black I personally wouldn't try to strip it out. Your hairdresser needs to do a strand test first. :)

If it's pre-lightened underneath the black I personally wouldn't try to strip it out. Your hairdresser needs to do a strand test first. :)

If it cant be "stripped out" is there anything else the hairdresser can do?
Im getting really worried that im going to have black hair forever :Scared:
Is it a strong possibility that the black cant be removed or changed??

lol dont fret its only hair!

What possessed you to die it black?!

The good news is...it WILL lighten quite a bit over the coming weeks on its own....its safe to say u wont be able to be 'light' anytime soon...but they should be able to lighten it enough to put a nice brown on it....even if its a dark brown...its better than black

z

lol dont fret its only hair!

What possessed you to die it black?!

The good news is...it WILL lighten quite a bit over the coming weeks on its own....its safe to say u wont be able to be 'light' anytime soon...but they should be able to lighten it enough to put a nice brown on it....even if its a dark brown...its better than black

z

Yes i know. It wasnt one of my cleverest moments. And its safe to say im seriously regretting it now. All i want is a natural looking medium to dark brown.. I hope thats possible...
I most definitly had a dumb blonde moment didnt i...

Hi Everyone.
Im looking for advice on what can be done to correct my hair. Im planning on making an hairdressers appointment tomorrow and was curious (and worried) about what (if anything) could be done to correct my mess...
Is there anything that can be done now? Or will i have to wait a while?
Heres my disaster story....
Ive had my hair lightened for many many years and considering the amount of times ive lightened it the condition of it is quite good. (Ive always done it at home myself, naughty i know but it always turned out ok)..
Recently tho i decided i needed a change, i wanted to stop dying it all the while so i put a warm brown home dye on. It turned out ok, but after a couple of weeks it started fading and looked wishy washy. So in a moment of madness i redyed it black.... Yes "BLACK" :irked: oops big mistake.
It feels way too dark and after 3 weeks it asnt faded, i do have some lovely lighter roots showing through tho. So in another moment of madness i tried putting a baby blonde colour on today, to lighten the black slightly. Lets just say my roots are now a lot lighter but the black as stayed the same colour.
Is there anything i can do?
If i ring a hairdresser will they beable to do anything to change the colour or will they tell me to call back in a few weeks?? :cry:
I dont usually go to a hairdressers although after this mess i think im going to start. And yes i know thats where i should have gone in the first place..
Is there anything a hairdresser can do in a salon to remove my black to a lighter colour without damaging my hair? Knowing ived dyed it quiet a lot over last few weeks...
And does anyone know roughly how much this will cost me???
Thankyou

Good god you have certaintly been busy with your hair :) I wouldn't strip it out either although you wont have to keep your black hair your hairdresser should be able to lighten up to a dark/medium brown colour as stated in a previous post .

Let us know how you get on x

Latest posts

Back