I've over filed natural nail!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indigo1

Reaction score
Not sure that anything can be done but with my training I did my friends rebalence just over a month ago, which was a disaster, i forgot my light and couldn't see closely enough what I was doing, it was awful and I really over filed a couple of nails. A couple of weeks ago I soaked them off. Have just seen her, and the nails that have been over filed she said are really sore. You can see that the bit of her nail bed is reddish. I feel terrible!! Is there anything I can do? or does it just have to grow out?

Feeling really confident this last week as seemed to have turned a corner and nails are lookind quite good. This has made me feel really bad now:cry: I suppose she was one of my first and I was training, but still don't like to see that her nails are actually sore because of me!!!!!

Anyone done this before????

I did this to my own little finger nail a while back and my god it was tender! I cleaned it all up and as recomended by other geeks I applied more l&p which protected my nail til it grew out.

Yes chick I did this to myself, to be honest left it alone to grow out and was very careful there on in !

I've done this to my own nails (OUCH) and I've found a couple thin coats of gel work wonders. It protects the nailbed until the nail grows out. HTH and good luck! :)

I was getting my nails done in a salon for over a year and they really overfilled my nail, i never noticed until i took them off to do my training, my trainer was shocked at how over filed they were. she used some bio-scupture and i have let them grow out, they are alot better now!!

i think at some point, most of us have given ourselves the "ring of fire" just be aware when you file that you do not file the natural nail maybe go a little slower
good luck hun once you crack it, it stays with you

Latest posts

Back