I've said no!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
So I have a client who has her eyelashes tinted and eyebrows waxed but for the 3rd time now she has cancelled last minute!
So when she asked to rebook I politely said no, I said I would prefer you to check your work rota first before you book your appointment to know that you deffinatly can make it as I am loosing potential customers wanting to book in when your coming but then you have to cancel.
I was very polite about it and she just txt back saying fine I'll ring you.
I don't want to loose her as a customer but then apart of me thinks I havnt had her as a customer for a while coz she keeps cancelling.
Just wanted to rant!
X x

You've done the right thing! You really don't need clients like that! I had a spray tan client like that (worse even) 7 times of contact for an appointment and I only sprayed her once (she even pulled a fast one saying her back was patchy yet continued to rebook 4 more times). Anyways enough is enough I said: Due to your late cancellations and no shows, if you would like to book an appointment I must require that you do so on the day you would like the tan and I will do my best to fit you in. Haven't heard from her in months! 3 is more than enough and time is money! xx

Ask her for a deposit if she wants to book back in... :) 50% of the booking - that way if she doesn't show you will have lost out minimally as you won't have used any materials etc and you still have 50% of the fee :)

So I have a client who has her eyelashes tinted and eyebrows waxed but for the 3rd time now she has cancelled last minute!
So when she asked to rebook I politely said no, I said I would prefer you to check your work rota first before you book your appointment to know that you deffinatly can make it as I am loosing potential customers wanting to book in when your coming but then you have to cancel.
I was very polite about it and she just txt back saying fine I'll ring you.
I don't want to loose her as a customer but then apart of me thinks I havnt had her as a customer for a while coz she keeps cancelling.
Just wanted to rant!
X x

I like your style!! :hug: We are in business to make a living not do be a disposable convenience and disrespected.

Exactly I feel bad but then I think screw it, they wouldn't appreciate there boss ringing em n saying oh don't come to work today come tomorrow then saying infact no don't come, that's 2day wages they lost, same rules apply.
Thanks for your replies :) x x

You are right - a once off can be understandable but not on a regular basis

I have recently ' sacked' a client for constant cancellations.

I am self employed but before, I was employed in another salon where she used to be a client.

When I started up self employed in a new salon, I didnt tell her where I was going to be, but she found me eventually! ( I live in a small town)

I did warn her that if she cancels at the last minute or fails to show up, that will be it, no more treatments with me. I was firm with her about this and she said she understood.

Then the old habit came back, I was patient at first, then it became regular pattern like before.
She rang me last week to rebook, thats when i told her it was time for her to find another salon for her treatments.
She offered a deposit, but to be honest, and I dont mean to be harsh, I am well rid of her.

I sticking to my guns with this, as the prevoius geeks said, you can do without clients like that.

Latest posts

Back