IVF and massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerry33

Reaction score
I have a client that is on her second go at IVF.She has asked to have a full body massage in two weeks time.Has anyone massaged any clients that are going through IVF atall.I didnt think it would be a contraindication but wondered wether to omit the stomach area.

Thoughts please would be great!

I was giving someone with IVF massage on recommendation of their doctor, the relaxation can increase the success. Just get her to confirm with her doctor and avoid the stomach.:hug:

Hi as someone who has had ivf i would say it depends on what stage she is at in her treatment. If the embryos have been put back in then yes avoid the abdomen as she is technically pregnant in the early stages. But get her to double check with her consultant, i would avoid asking the GP cause they tend not to know a lot about IVF. xx

would avoid asking the GP cause they tend not to know a lot about IVF. xx
Very good point and what I was thinking when I wrote Doctor!:hug:

If your client rings her IVF clinic the nursing sisters will be able to advise her. Hope it all goes well and she has some good news for you at her next appointment!
xx

Thanks guys...this is what i thought but just thought id ask opinions to be on the safe side.x

Latest posts

Back