Jammed acrylic nail advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacquelyn Armstrong

Reaction score
About a week ago, I jammed my nail a day after getting my acrylics on. I left the nail alone for a couple days, put a bandage on the night it happened & took it off the next morning so it could breathe. I noticed about 3 days later it started draining. I didnt think too much of it, until last night when there was on odor. I have cut the tip of the acrylic off and now it’s just my nail with the rest of the acyrlic. However, the sides of my actual nail have come unattached from the nail bed, but it’s still attached at the cuticle on the back of my nail. How long do you think it will take for my real nail to reattach to the nail bed/cuticle? Also what should I do about the acrylic still on there? I dont want to do anything that will potentially rip the whole nail off.

It wont reattach, you'll have to wait for the damage to grow out. Once it's not too tender to the touch you can soak off the remaining product. You'llbe better off trimming the natural nail as short as possible to minimise the potential gor catching on clothes, hair, etc.

Latest posts

Back