'Jetting'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tess Warwick

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've aquired a number of new clients from a salon near mine since it has closed. Very nice :)
However, the are talking about a perming technique called 'jetting' and in all the hundreds of years I've been in the trade I have never heard of it.

Anyone got any ideas, please?

Hi, It's a root perm with bendy rods. Lift the roots and put a slight wave in thr ends. Lasts about 6 weeks.

Blimey, her hair's only about an inch and a half long. It looks like a bog-standard perm with a high-falutin' name to me :)

Thanks ...

Hi, It's a root perm with bendy rods. Lift the roots and put a slight wave in thr ends. Lasts about 6 weeks.

Dear god I thought Jetting died a hundred years ago. It was a gel formula perm solution. You wound the top on large/bendy rollers and painted this gel on the roots. If you were lucky you got a bit of root lift and bend. Unlucky or wound too tight resulted in a bald top of the head (yes I've seen it!).

LOL!!!
I've been in the trade for almost 40 years and I've never heard of it!!!
It sounds as if it *should* have died a very long time ago ...

She'll get what she's given ... a nice soft perm ...

Thanks girls :)

Dear god I thought Jetting died a hundred years ago. It was a gel formula perm solution. You wound the top on large/bendy rollers and painted this gel on the roots. If you were lucky you got a bit of root lift and bend. Unlucky or wound too tight resulted in a bald top of the head (yes I've seen it!).

Oh I remember it well :0) the bendy rods were hexagonal, it was very popular for a while.

Sounds awful, I'm glad iv never heard of it xoxo

Latest posts

Back