Joico color formulas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosephJunior_

Reaction score
Does anyone have any favourite Joico Formulars and pictures of there work? I love using Joico Chrome B7+N8 for toning for natural highlights. Love it! And using the N colors to tone. They give a beautiful finish and don't go to warm or too cool. And love 3/4 6CR + 1/4 7XR.

Does anyone have any favourite Joico Formulars and pictures of there work? I love using Joico Chrome B7+N8 for toning for natural highlights. Love it! And using the N colors to tone. They give a beautiful finish and don't go to warm or too cool. And love 3/4 6CR + 1/4 7XR.

n9 is good to tone with for a creamy tone, v9 is nice for an ashy tone. I mix everything all the time,my fave chocolate warm browns inc 5rm I live it.

I'm going to do some 7A 30vol highlights and 5RM highlights through my hair virgin hair natural level 4.. Need a change! Love the 2.. Got any other suggestions Nic?

I'm going to do some 7A 30vol highlights and 5RM highlights through my hair virgin hair natural level 4.. Need a change! Love the 2.. Got any other suggestions Nic?

What level you trying to achieve with 7a? You know with 30 it'll come out on a 6 base right? And you will have a lot of warmth in your hair so if you want the 7a itself don't put 7a on it :) think of your underlying pigments and what shade you are looking for, you may be better with 10a and 40... Won't go to a 10 will go to a 7 - 8 at best, with INS or CCV or both, or use UHLA and 20 / 30 with INS or CCV

how long have you be using joico?

What level you trying to achieve with 7a? You know with 30 it'll come out on a 6 base right? And you will have a lot of warmth in your hair so if you want the 7a itself don't put 7a on it :) think of your underlying pigments and what shade you are looking for, you may be better with 10a and 40... Won't go to a 10 will go to a 7 - 8 at best, with INS or CCV or both, or use UHLA and 20 / 30 with INS or CCV

how long have you be using joico?

Yeah I want to have warmth and only to a 6 lol. Idont want to put 6N or 6G on it cause it will come out too warm.. A few weeks! Loving it. Anytips? Use L'Oréal aswell. Normally do on clients that want the same 7.1 +30 vol which is the same as 7A so im thinking it would give same effect?

Yeah I want to have warmth and only to a 6 lol. Idont want to put 6N or 6G on it cause it will come out too warm.. A few weeks! Loving it. Anytips? Use L'Oréal aswell. Normally do on clients that want the same 7.1 +30 vol which is the same as 7A so im thinking it would give same effect?

Have you been on a colour course with joico? It's useful as the n's are a blue base so kill warmth, obv not as much as the a's do though :) that's cool then if you want a 6 and your a 4 why not use 6a and 30? With CCV or INS? If you want to kill a bit more warmth if not just that?

I don't use loriel so can't comment on colour comparisons with them I'm afraid :) but your 7a would most likely be similar to 7.1 as a general rule yes.

i have a NL 4 client with level 7 ash highlights that have faded warm naturally.

i usually use a blue based toner but this time i'd like to try a green. i was thinking i could use A5 with clear. is half and half enough to dilute the level to a level 7, or should i try to find another brand with a dedicated level 7 or 8 green ash?

If u want green use a blue base with a gold base . I like joico toners the silver toner

My fave's are chocolate brown 1/2 4n and 1/2 6rc
Or the steel grey 10a,ins,tsb and a dot of 1n. It's fab colour xx

If u want green use a blue base with a gold base . I like joico toners the silver toner

ugh, so obvious. i'm so dense sometimes ha.

totally separate question. since the natural series is blue based/really cool, what would u mix to make a true balanced neutral? gold or red-copper?

also, has anyone played around with the difference between VeroGlaze and Chrome? does using Veroglaze produce a more saturated look/last longer since it's not 100% acidic like Chrome.

anyone know the actual peroxide vol on either? i'm hesitant to use VeroGlaze bc i don't want any lift at all of the base. i like to leave my toners on for at least a full 15 min, so it really sticks - but the downside is that's usually enough time to lighten the base for some color lines, like Pastel in Wella.

ugh, so obvious. i'm so dense sometimes ha.

totally separate question. since the natural series is blue based/really cool, what would u mix to make a true balanced neutral? gold or red-copper?

also, has anyone played around with the difference between VeroGlaze and Chrome? does using Veroglaze produce a more saturated look/last longer since it's not 100% acidic like Chrome.

anyone know the actual peroxide vol on either? i'm hesitant to use VeroGlaze bc i don't want any lift at all of the base. i like to leave my toners on for at least a full 15 min, so it really sticks - but the downside is that's usually enough time to lighten the base for some color lines, like Pastel in Wella.

Glaze has no lift whatsoever, you mix and leave for 5 mins before applying, (so mix out on station, put on gloves, comb hair ready... About 5 mins) this allows the glaze to remove all the hydrogen particles (I think, it removes something so no lift) and that's it. The colour is nice and even, when I want deposit only I use glaze, if I want a slight lift too I use 10.

In your base it depends on the level you are going to what you would mix in however blue kills orange so the g would get neutralised, and the green kills red.

By chrome do you mean the activator that goes with the chrome range? As they contain no ammonia they are true quasi only, you cannot get any lift from them and use activator not chrome, the glaze was created to use with color side of their range to change from a permanent to a quasi.

By chrome do you mean the activator that goes with the chrome range? As they contain no ammonia they are true quasi only, you cannot get any lift from them and use activator not chrome, the glaze was created to use with color side of their range to change from a permanent to a quasi.

i know Chrome can only be used with the Chrome Activator and VeroGlaze is only meant to be used with the permanent line.

i was just curious to see if the permanent + VeroGlaze had any performance differences than Chrome. like does one stick longer than the other or is one more translucent than the other since one is acid and one is alkaline. and if u happen to know what the vol is on the developers.

i'm assuming a quasi is a not as strong demi?

I vhecked the bottles and it doesnt say vol on them just non lifting cream on the glaze so cant answer that one sorry,

I find the chrome (depending on the shade) looks slightly lighter than the color range, but they are both true to their swatches id that makes sense, i find they both last for ages, far longer than any other range, i have used the glaze with the color line ontip of blonde with 5rm and 6 weeks later she was still red! Only slightly faded and we knew it needed doing but most people asked why she was coming bacj so soon, couldnt believe it was 6 weeks lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Tabatha Coffey's Color Formula! - YouTube

wow, i'm surprised 1/2 V9 + 1/2 Clear looks so creamy. i would've thought it'd be a bit cooler.

anyway, what's a good "bronde" toner for a desired level 9 highlight after lightening to a 9? trying to get that warm gisele bundchen/jenifer aniston tone. was thinking:

1/2 B9 + 1/2 clear

1/2 G9 + 1/2 V9 (based off Wella Illumina's 10/36 which is super pretty!)

i'm basically trying to make a Joico version of Wella 10/73

Last edited:
hi, VeroGlaze lotion is a 5 volume, and VeroChrome Demi activator lotion is 8.5 volume.

Latest posts

Back