Just about to qualify

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettyinpink85

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to the forums but in the short time I have been here I have learnt a few things.

I qualify in June as a nail technician and am setting up a business from home (converting a room upstairs into a salon) I just wanted some advice as to where to advertise, I am doing the whole yellow pages thing, flyers through peoples doors etc, local papers and websites just wondered if I was missing anything out? Also who is the cheapest supplier for nail products? I am thinking about using the nail warehouse?

Hope you can help

Danni x

Cheap nail products will not gain you repeat clients,
you will have lots of problems with the end result if you use cheap products,
where are you doing your training ?

Cheap nail products will not gain you repeat clients,
you will have lots of problems with the end result if you use cheap products,
where are you doing your training ?

Hiya, sorry i have been misunderstood, i dont mean cheap nail products I mean good quality but where I can find the best deals and if anyone had any experience of using the nail warehouse. I am training at the beauty academy.

I qualify in june also and I plan to buy direct of the suppliers(creative). You can buy direct of any well known supplies (ez flow, nsi etc) you do a conversion cource and then you are registerd to buy which I am doing asap!!!! Let me tel you while training I have tried cheap files(they had bits coming off them like soot grose!!). Also cheap cuticl remover (did nothing) I think your best going to a well known brand and buying off them. I go aston and finchers (local wholesalers) now for my bits and bobs for college and find them realy good. Also ellisons and beauty express and salons direct are realy good catalogs with nice tools etc in them hope this helps!!!:hug:

Thanks for the advice much appreciated :) and good luck with qualifying x

I qualify in june also and I plan to buy direct of the suppliers(creative). You can buy direct of any well known supplies (ez flow, nsi etc) you do a conversion cource and then you are registerd to buy which I am doing asap!!!! Let me tel you while training I have tried cheap files(they had bits coming off them like soot grose!!). Also cheap cuticl remover (did nothing) I think your best going to a well known brand and buying off them. I go aston and finchers (local wholesalers) now for my bits and bobs for college and find them realy good. Also ellisons and beauty express and salons direct are realy good catalogs with nice tools etc in them hope this helps!!!:hug:

Thankyou!! And you!! message me and let me know how it all goes!! Im reaaaaaly excited now its so close 2 assesments left XXXXXX

Latest posts

Back