Just got this text off a friend!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelcake

Reaction score
Just received this text off a friend.
Can you do my nails today, they are a mess.
My reply
Yes but it would have to be after 4.
Friend
Ok i'll let you know, I'm still in bed.

I didn't reply to that because my reply would probably have been along the lines of
Yes you take your time coz it's not like I have a life or any other customers that might actually want anything doing and will pay me full price.

Friends eh, don't you just love them x

I refuse to do friends because of reasons like this. They take advantage.
My last straw was when one of my friends text me saying can you do my nails today so I replied saying I carnt today but I'll be able to fit you in tomorrow.
Her reply well can you not just fit around me?
Erm no!
I also find them never happy either!

Should text her saying do you want them done at 4 or not x

Friends will only behave like this if you allow them to.

NONE of my friends behave this way, they all respect that this is work and I wouldn't accept that kind of behavior from them either.

You need to tell your friend that if she wants the appointment today then you can fit her in at x, y or z times (ONLY give actual appointment times that your happy with).

Do not bend over backwards for friends who don't respect your job or working hours or those who expect big discounts, make them fit in when you want them to or tell them they can have a full price appointment at x, y or z times :wink2:.

Many of my friends are clients but only my best friend gets a discount, everyone else pays full price. They all book an appointment as a client and are given the same quality service as all my other clients, so I see no reason to earn less. I don't get discount from them in their jobs so why should they get discounts from me?

One 'friend' asked me for an appointment for Saturday on a Friday night, I messaged/called her in the morning giving her a time. She said oh I can't do that can you do it after 5? I was like no I'm busy after 5. (I was going out) and then she asked if I could do them Sunday evening. I just said no ad left it at that. I don't need to bust my ass to suit her for a file & polish! x

Wait till 4pm, and text her back saying "sorry, can't do your nails, I'm in bed!"

I totally agree with everything you say Baggybear and if I'm honest she is one of those friends that I try and give a wide berth to because in general she only gets in touch when she wants something. She keeps sticking false nails on so when I see her it's never a straight forward appointment because there is residue glue everywhere x

Wait till 4pm, and text her back saying "sorry, can't do your nails, I'm in bed!"

Ha ha. She still hasn't text again so I'm going to be unavailable if she does text now x

I think you should start culling your 'friends' off your database. :)

I think you should start culling your 'friends' off your database. :)

She is the worst offender. The majority of my friends are excellent and have recommended me to friends and family.
She never did text me back, I've got a feeling she just bought more stick on nails x

She is the worst offender. The majority of my friends are excellent and have recommended me to friends and family.
She never did text me back, I've got a feeling she just bought more stick on nails x

Well, let's hope she enjoys those beauties. lol

It's funny how lots of friends come out of the woodwork when you start up.

My real friends and family always ask me how much they owe me after a service and then I get people I've never met before asking me to do them a deal, because it's the first appointment with me, or they know so and so or they're my Dad's long lost, twice removed cat's twin.

You can imagine what my response is!

Well, let's hope she enjoys those beauties. lol

It's funny how lots of friends come out of the woodwork when you start up.

My real friends and family always ask me how much they owe me after a service and then I get people I've never met before asking me to do them a deal, because it's the first appointment with me, or they know so and so or they're my Dad's long lost, twice removed cat's twin.

You can imagine what my response is!

Lol your response is 0121? Xoxo

Latest posts

Back