Just had my first

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boybeauty

Reaction score
just had my first not letting a lad do it wouldn't care but it was eyebrows and It's probably the most popular treatment I do but am I going to survive or are they the views of a few put me in a doubtful mood about my future been self employed

just had my first not letting a lad do it wouldn't care but it was eyebrows and It's probably the most popular treatment I do but am I going to survive or are they the views of a few put me in a doubtful mood about my future been self employed
I wouldn’t let one narrow minded person put you off. Most women would happily have a male therapist, no different from having a male hairdresser I think.
Put her to the back of your mind and move forward

I wouldn't let this affect your confidence. It can be very hard as a freelancer as there is no authority or body to help you, that is why we are currently creating Freestyle Cuts. The aim is to help freelancers or anyone who is working for a salon and would want to become self-employed. It would help you find clients, have a rating system etc so that if one client does not go well it shouldnt stop you from doing what you love.

I wouldn't let this affect your confidence. It can be very hard as a freelancer as there is no authority or body to help you, that is why we are currently creating Freestyle Cuts. The aim is to help freelancers or anyone who is working for a salon and would want to become self-employed. It would help you find clients, have a rating system etc so that if one client does not go well it shouldnt stop you from doing what you love.

The OP isn’t a hair professional though, so it may be of little if no use :rolleyes:

You cannot fall at the first hurdle. There are small minded people out there and you will meet plenty in your career. In my career I have had to deal with men exposing erections to my staff, one client in a spa I managed used to masturbate on to the massage couch after his treatment and the owners would not let me ban him, I had to ask him to stop doing it!!!!. I have clients of one race ask not to be treated by therapists of another race (I dealt with that most sternly I can assure you), I have been spoken to in the most demeaning ways by people who think they are my superior as I am nothing but a beauty therapist and currently have one women taking me to the small claims court for £17.00 for placing a no show charge on her account when she didn't bother to show up one day and called after we closed to admit she couldn't remember when her appointment was. I used to do a large amount of bridal work but have now stopped as I cannot bear the new trend of bridezillas that think it's appropriate to behave as badly as they possibly can and that you are their servant and simply want to spend the entire trial session teaching you how to do make-up their way. Thankfully I have my own business so can set my own standards. For clients who are persistently offensive (yet always faithfully re-book) I gently ask if they would like me to recommend another salon, as they always seem so unhappy with the service they receive, so maybe they would be happier going somewhere else - that usually does the trick as some people have no idea how rude and bitter they have become with life.

Everywhere you go in life you will meet the ignorant, rude and completely offensive, do not let them break you. You have chosen your career and it's a most rewarding one. Keep your chin up and march onward.

Latest posts

Back