Just passed Level 2, but what now???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielleclark

Reaction score
Hello Geeks,

I'm very proud to say that I've just completed my NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy!!!

I'm going to do Level 3 in September, but until then I'm not sure how to go about getting work. Ideally I'd like to be working in a salon to get some proper hands on experience, but I'm unsure how to go about this.

My tutor has suggested offering to do work experience (unpaid) which may lead to employment. Do you think this is a good idea? Have any of you gone down this route? Or employed someone in this way?

I'm very conscious of the fact that most salons only employ therapists who've completed Level 3...

Thanks in advance for any help x

If you ring around your local salons and explain that you are looking for unpaid work experience it will show that you are willing to learn and not just out to make some money (i know that would be nice but experience counts)
i have had about 10 calls this week from girls that have newly qualified and they have all said the same when i answer the phone
"do you have any job vacancies"
which is fine but the answer is no i don't have any vacancies,
if how ever someone rang asking for unpaid work experience i would go out of my way to find them clients to practise on as this would show me that they really do want to learn, and in my experience people that genuinely want to learn are a pleasure to train and work along side of, hth :hug:

Thanks for your advice. I'm happy to do work experience, mostly because I'm just desperate to get my hands on people and get going!
Thanks again x

Latest posts

Back