Just sharing details of my new beauty reference books!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just received the 'Making faces' form Kevyn Aucoin. It is full of fantastic photos of make-overs and make-up tricks.
Absolutely love it!

cheers Leni I'll take a look at that one too!

I love talking books!!!! :lol:

I too have 'Beautiful Brows' which I have found quite helpful, and I also have 'Make Up Makeover' but mine isn't the wedding one - and it is fantastic!! Amazing pictures and step by step guides. Robert Jones is a genius!

I am waiting for Amazon to deliver 'The Science of Beauty Therapy' by Ruth Bennett and also a level 2 study aid book. I am a danger to my bank balance when it comes to buying books so if there are any other great recommendations out there.........:green:

Thanks sassy. :hug:

I bought Paul Begoun's "Beauty Bible" whilst in the states recently but also bought "The Skin Type Solution" by Leslie Bauman. Having read both of the them cover to cover there is so much conflicting information that I am now really really confused. I think I need to read them both again to make sure it is not me being a der brain!

One book appears to say aromatherapy ingredients are bad, whilst another recommends them - :confused:

I bought Paul Begoun's "Beauty Bible" whilst in the states recently but also bought "The Skin Type Solution" by Leslie Bauman. Having read both of the them cover to cover there is so much conflicting information that I am now really really confused. I think I need to read them both again to make sure it is not me being a der brain!

One book appears to say aromatherapy ingredients are bad, whilst another recommends them - :confused:

I have both of these and I couldn't agree more - I thought it was me being a der brain!!!! I think in the end you have to make your own mind up based on your own experiences. I have to say that I take Paula's advice with a slight grain of salt because she says that oily skin doesn't need moisturiser, and then she sells moisturiser for oily skin in her own range!!!

Wow - there is some wonderful information in this thread - thank's so much everyone! I think my bank balance is going to take a hit later on today!

oily skin doesn't need moisturiser, and then she sells moisturiser for oily skin in her own range!!!

My thoughts exactly! I did find both books very interesting though.
I took the test in the The Skin Type Solution book and it confirmed what I already knew about my skin.

I wondered whether it might be worth client that come into the hair salon
filling out a skin care questionnaire, something to fill in whilst their colours are on and then that would give me an introduction and maybe grab em in for a facial.

Can anyone recommend any good facial/head massage books? Something which is detailed but easy to follow and put into practice.

I have Beauty bible & I love it, I recently bought feel fabulous forever by the same authors & it is packed with fabulous tips. I looked at this in book shop in town & it was £15, but went onto amazon & they had nearly new copy for £5!!!
Can't recommend these books enough!
Beauty Bible also have a website beautybible.com
Ols

I have Beauty bible & I love it, I recently bought feel fabulous forever by the same authors & it is packed with fabulous tips. I looked at this in book shop in town & it was £15, but went onto amazon & they had nearly new copy for £5!!!
Can't recommend these books enough!
Beauty Bible also have a website beautybible.com
Ols

That's a different one to Paula's book mentioned before, but i can see me buying this one too!!!!

Sorry, getting confused, didn't know there was more than one. Will have to look the other one up.
Ols

I am waiting for Amazon to deliver 'The Science of Beauty Therapy' by Ruth Bennett

I've had that book a little while - it's excellent!