Just started my mobile nail business - very scared, advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanna Scott

Reaction score
Hi, I decided to come on here as I know many of you have wonderful years of experience and may be able to point me in the right direction or better direction perhaps with my new business.

I have literally just set up my nail business, working from home, for manicures, pedicures, gels, removals, massages for hands and arms and indian head massages as well which will come in earlier next year.

I have sent flyers out around the village, have my own Facebook page, a new website and thinking of putting some flyers into the post offices around my area too.

I have some really good offers at the moment (not too cheap I hope) and also every time someone comes to see me, they get a free goodie bag, with a little file, oil, clippers and aftercare advice as well.

Any advice at all? I trained with the Beauty Academy, I use OPI varnish mainly IPD Just Gel and Red Carpet and love them both when it comes to gels.

I don't have an NVQ from the Beauty Academy, its their own equivalent with a Diploma and qualifies you to work for yourself freelance. However I am wondering should I get a NVQ Level 2 and work for someone else as well alongside?

I run my own counselling business on the side and this runs itself but wanted a change as it has taken its toll on me for over 10 years now.

Thank you, I am a tad nervous and all new to this but I just love nails and have a real passion for them..
xx

Hi, I decided to come on here as I know many of you have wonderful years of experience and may be able to point me in the right direction or better direction perhaps with my new business.

I have literally just set up my nail business, working from home, for manicures, pedicures, gels, removals, massages for hands and arms and indian head massages as well which will come in earlier next year.

I have sent flyers out around the village, have my own Facebook page, a new website and thinking of putting some flyers into the post offices around my area too.

I have some really good offers at the moment (not too cheap I hope) and also every time someone comes to see me, they get a free goodie bag, with a little file, oil, clippers and aftercare advice as well.

Any advice at all? I trained with the Beauty Academy, I use OPI varnish mainly IPD Just Gel and Red Carpet and love them both when it comes to gels.

I don't have an NVQ from the Beauty Academy, its their own equivalent with a Diploma and qualifies you to work for yourself freelance. However I am wondering should I get a NVQ Level 2 and work for someone else as well alongside?

I run my own counselling business on the side and this runs itself but wanted a change as it has taken its toll on me for over 10 years now.

Thank you, I am a tad nervous and all new to this but I just love nails and have a real passion for them..
xx

Hi, i'm new to salongeek too and thinking of starting up my own mobile business again after a 10 year career break. I agree it's scary and not sure whether to try working in a salon or mobile. practising on friends & family to get my confidence back and build up some speed. I have been working with OPI & like the new gel polishes on the market but can't decide which one to use, just trained with NSI Polish Pro would like to try Shellac but the train gis expensive & can't use it with my LED lamp. hope to get some advice from following your thread.

Latest posts

Back