Just wondering is anyone had suggestions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bashful

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and I was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions for me. Ok, A girl I go to school with and I are opening up a shop once we have graduated which will be the end of May. And I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for advertising and just suggestions about things we should know because we really don't know what we are getting into. SO anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bashful said:
Hi, I'm new here and I was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions for me. Ok, A girl I go to school with and I are opening up a shop once we have graduated which will be the end of May. And I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for advertising and just suggestions about things we should know because we really don't know what we are getting into. SO anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
welcome, u will find everything u need 2 know on this site. goodluck and enjoy

misty said:
welcome, u will find everything u need 2 know on this site. goodluck and enjoy

Thank You, we just have alot to do and a whole lot to learn

Hi Bashful

Welcome to the site - you'll find a wealth of info on here - your best starting place would be to use the Search option on the top right hand corner - opening salons, advertising, new business', tax man, etc. are all common questions and everything you need to know has probably been asked before :D

Have fun

Trin
xx

My best advice would be to NOT open up a shop as soon as you get out of school. What you learn in school (at least in the US) does NOT prepare you for what you are in for. Suck it up and work at a shop for a while, get some work experience in the field and then after you have established yourself as a professional go ahead and open up a shop. There is a lot to be known about this business, and it would be a bad idea to open up a shop on your own right out of school. BUT you are taking the right step and outsourcing to learn all you can! This website as well as the US based www.beautytech.com are wonderful sources of information.

Why not get in contact with your local business enterprise agency.
They can send you on business courses when you have finished and help you with accounts and tax questions leases etc. They can also point you in the right direction for any funding you may be able to get.

HTH

Latest posts

Back