Keeping natural nail length with tip application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mani Mel

Reaction score
Hoping someone can advise! I have a client booked in later today who wants acrylic enhancements. I don't sculpt yet - just use tips (sculpting course later this year!). She's not wanting them too long - it's more to make them all a little longer & more uniform for her holiday. All enhancements I have done up to now have been on ladies with very short nails and tip application has been very straightforward. This client today however has nails with a little length on already. Do I need to file her natural nails down before applying tips or can I keep the length on her natural nails and apply the tip still at the smile line? I use well less tips - pro-impressions advance natural smile tips. xx

Your client has probably been and gone by now I presume?
But you could do either option. Personally I would ask the client as not all are happy to see their natural nail length removed.

Thanks Pure. Yes - she's been and gone. I kept her natural length as she only wanted a slight enhancement of length as a one-off for the holiday. Was really pleased with the result and the tips adhered nicely xx

do u have a pic?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469264044.414929.jpg

Not perfect I know! Acrylic is my nemesis!! But I am improving. It's setting so quickly at the moment with this lovely weather too. Client was very happy with them [emoji4]

They look lovely! Well done x

They are lovely. Try sculpting it's easier than you might think. Getting the forms on is the trickiest bit but it's quicker than applying tips.
I always ask clients if they'd like me to remove or leave the length

Thanks Ladies [emoji4] I'm planning on doing a days sculpting training with NSI later in the year. I have had a little go on the odd nail to try it out when a client has needed a repair on a single nail. It's trickier than it looks! Fiddly are those forms!!! I'm not getting them flush enough under the free edge. I do hope though that once it clicks I can abandon the tips!! xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469360952.192066.jpg

My fave set I've done so far. Using tips though. It all came together well on that day! Just need to get more consistent and do it like this every time. This client had short but neat nails so a good foundation for me to work on. Still struggle with clients who have wide nails beds - if they want a decent length they turn out ok but would like to be able to make them look more flattering when they want them kept on the shorter side. xx

Latest posts

Back