Keeping up with nail trends

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffle

Reaction score
I am looking for advice on how i can keep up with trends and the training.
is there a place or magazine I need to be looking at?
what courses would must a must for someone wanting to progress and offer more treatments to clients. (I have just passed level two so have only used gel, acrylic and fibreglass)
I am now looking in to shellac as that seams to be very popular, but what next?

Any advice would be really great, thank you

Scratch magazine is a good place to start especially for new products etc. For nail trends as in colours, nail art etc I just search for nail art blogs and there are tons of them out there. If you have an iPhone get Instagram, there are thousands of nail art ideas on there! x

Definatley go for shellac, also why not look into minx? and from there i would say you have all the basics. Then you can add things like additives, rockstar, nail art ect.

HTH x

YouTube is very useful too x

Thank you all :)

I am always on youtube and looking on blogs and things, Is it the case of keep looking and see what is popluar and offer it?

I am booked to do nsi wraps course :)

I find that anything gives me inspiration for nail art. For example for my Christmas nails I will do a fair isle print design as sported on my primark slippers!

If there is a serious new trend, it will be right here on Salon Geek before anywhere else!

There is also a new free iPhone app and android for scratch magazine the UK no 1 nail magazine.

Seriously, this is the largest site in the world for nail, hair and skin professionals ... You will see it here first.

inspiration can even come from a tin of baked beans:lick:

Last edited:
If there is a serious new trend, it will be right here on Salon Geek before anywhere else!

There is also a new free iPhone app and android for scratch magazine the UK no 1 nail magazine.

Seriously, this is the largest site in the world for nail, hair and skin professionals ... You will see it here first.

I have to agree. I have been a member of this site since September 2003 and I keep learning from this site.

Every new product, innovation, style, trend etc. will be discussed here first by unbiased nail professionals. Every question you can think of will have been asked and answered at some time right here. The tutorials are a fab free resource, the galleries can be viewed for hours for inspiration.

Popping on to this site is addictive and keeps you totally up to date. I love my trade magazines but I would give them up before I gave up geeking :)

Try the "nail pro" app to this is free and fab for ideas.Xx

My phone doesnt do apps lol I have an old brick as I only use it for phone calls lol

Will just keep popping on hear then, But I get the feeling it will help me spend more money just for pretty bits for me.

I follow loads of nail techs and suppliers etc on facebook. They are always posting pictures that can give you ideas. Following magazines is also a good idea you can see what the celebs are doing too! xx

If you do get into Shellac subscribe to the Fingernail Fixers YouTube channel - she is fantastic. Also, have a good look at her Facebook page.

Love you Holly

I have to agree. I have been a member of this site since September 2003 and I keep learning from this site.

Every new product, innovation, style, trend etc. will be discussed here first by unbiased nail professionals. Every question you can think of will have been asked and answered at some time right here. The tutorials are a fab free resource, the galleries can be viewed for hours for inspiration.

Popping on to this site is addictive and keeps you totally up to date. I love my trade magazines but I would give them up before I gave up geeking :)

I completely agree with you all the way. Around where I live nobody knows what rockstars, minx, twinkle toes etc...are. I didn't even really know. a lot of techs around were I live dont even know the difference between shellac and gelish! I have learned so much on here! It is so true any new trend is right here on salon geek. My eyes have totally been opened to new things in the few months I have belonged to this sight.

In a few months I might even be taking a spray tan course :) I didn't even know you can take a spray tan course till I joined!

as said everything can give you inspiration and you can even start your own trends!!

salon geek is a fab place to learn, get advice and keep up to date, but i also get scratch and gloss magazines, search the net, youtube, pinterest, facebook xx

totally agree

I don't read magazines, watch tele or do a right lot to be honest but the nails I do are all up to date!

This site has EVERYTHING on it, even if I see a set of nails on Facebook that I like, I still have to pop over to Salon Geek to have a search about how to actually achieve the look!

I am going to have a look at the Instagram app tho, I thought that was just to alter your own pics, sounds good! ....see, another thing learnt from SALON GEEK!! :D

Latest posts

Back