Keratin straightening treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afyaf

Reaction score
Hi I have used k-respect for the first time and my model has reported back that her hair has reverted back to it’s normal curly frizzy state. This is after the first 72 hour wash with the supporting products ie shampoo and conditioner. Any one experience the same? Any suggestions of a good keratin straightening product that delivers long lasting results. Thanks

Hi I have used k-respect for the first time and my model has reported back that her hair has reverted back to it’s normal curly frizzy state. This is after the first 72 hour wash with the supporting products ie shampoo and conditioner. Any one experience the same? Any suggestions of a good keratin straightening product that delivers long lasting results. Thanks
Did you use the designated shampoo to prepare the hair first?
Also how many times did you pass the straighteners over the hair and at what temperature?

Did you use the designated shampoo to prepare the hair first?
Also how many times did you pass the straighteners over the hair and at what temperature?
Yes I did. I have the whole kit plus retailed smoothening shampoo and conditioner for the model to use. I used ghd that heat up to 200 degrees. I ran it through 8 times. After using the straighteners/ volcanizing I shampooed and conditioned the hair with k-respect. I have been told that some hair dressers leave the product in for 72 hours. Thanks for your kind response. Really appreciate it. I feel very isolated working on my own.

Yes I did. I have the whole kit plus retailed smoothening shampoo and conditioner for the model to use. I used ghd that heat up to 200 degrees. I ran it through 8 times. After using the straighteners/ volcanizing I shampooed and conditioned the hair with k-respect. I have been told that some hair dressers leave the product in for 72 hours. Thanks for your kind response. Really appreciate it. I feel very isolated working on my own.
I've never used used K respect, but with all the smoothing /keratin treatments I've used you can't wash the hair afterwards for 2-3 days

I've never used used K respect, but with all the smoothing /keratin treatments I've used you can't wash the hair afterwards for 2-3 days

Thanks for your kind response. Please share the product that has given you good results. The trainer did mention that some hairdressers leave the product in for 72 hours but he felt that it’s nicer for the client to have it shampooed and styled before leaving the salon so I did that. I will try leaving it in. I have a bit left so I shall give it another try. My client base is Asian so I am dealing with strong curly coarse hair. Please share the brand you use as I need a high performance product. Thanks for your help. X

This stuff gave amazing results,
You need to make sure you use a deep cleansing / clarifying shampoo with a high pH level first.
Then followed the instructions, leave maximum time. Straighten each section with maximum passes at the highest recommended temperature for your clients hair.
My friends hair was thinner and just wavy so I only did 5 passes of straighteners at 190C and it still gave amazing results.

This stuff gave amazing results,
You need to make sure you use a deep cleansing / clarifying shampoo with a high pH level first.
Then followed the instructions, leave maximum time. Straighten each section with maximum passes at the highest recommended temperature for your clients hair.
My friends hair was thinner and just wavy so I only did 5 passes of straighteners at 190C and it still gave amazing results.

Thank you. I will definitely get it. X

Latest posts

Back