Keratin treatment not at roots?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Hi hair experts, I'm a nail geek and have just nipped over with a question that I hope you may be able to answer. I was wondering if you could have a brazilian Keratin treatment, but start about an inch or so down from the roots (where it doesn't get frizzy) so as to still be able to get root volume when blowdrying. My reason for asking is that everyone I know who has had it done has said that they lost the volume fromtheir hair. It was lovely and smooth and silky but they couldn't get any "oomph" in it. Is there any way to counteract this problem? or is it the one and only drawback of the Keratin treatment? I've got long, fine(ish), wavy/frizzy hair and would love the smoothness but am worried it's gonna be flat to my head and make my hair look even finer. Any help and advice will be much appreciated.
Thankyou:biggrin: xxxxxxxx

Hi, the treatment is not meant to be applied directly to your roots,i dont see why your hairdresser could'nt start a little futher down from your roots if you prefered, but as they blowdry the treatment in, the residue in the brust may taint the roots!!!! if that makes any sense. But as your hair grows, your virgin hair will be treatment free, so you soon notice getting your volume back after 2 weeks xx

Hi, the treatment is not meant to be applied directly to your roots,i dont see why your hairdresser could'nt start a little futher down from your roots if you prefered, but as they blowdry the treatment in, the residue in the brust may taint the roots!!!! if that makes any sense. But as your hair grows, your virgin hair will be treatment free, so you soon notice getting your volume back after 2 weeks xx

Hi, yes I see what you mean. Once it's been applied though, would I be able to set the crown in rollers though for the first day to get a bit of volume to stay in? or would that not work? Basically, would I have to endure dead flat hair for 2 weeks until the virgin hair starts coming through???:Scared: xxxxx

I had my hair done 8 weeks ago with the coppola keratin smoothing complex system, to counteract that no 'oomph' feeling I started drying my hair upside down to get the volume I needed. Would that maybe help with your hair?

Love the product though, going to make an appointment for the 3/4 month treatment tomorrow.

Jacqui xx

We use Kerastraight at my salon. Depending on how you straighten the hair at the root, you can still get a lift at the roots.I will see if I can find a link.

They've changed the website now. Basically, if they straighten the hair straight up then you can achieve a bit of root lift.

Angelina, What do you mean straight up? Should the hairdresser be applying the product holding the hair in a vertical position from the head or am I over-thinking your advice too much and its something much simpler?

Jacqui xx

I had my hair done 8 weeks ago with the coppola keratin smoothing complex system, to counteract that no 'oomph' feeling I started drying my hair upside down to get the volume I needed. Would that maybe help with your hair?

Love the product though, going to make an appointment for the 3/4 month treatment tomorrow.

Jacqui xx

Oooh, that sounds better. Is "Coppola" the brand name? (not after Beverly Coppola is it??) My friend does the Keratin treatment (Braziliana) at fab prices so I was going to use that one but I could maybe ask her for a different brand if it gives more "lift"................

Yes you straighten the hair to seal the product in. You have to straighten each section about 10 times. When you do the hair at the crown, you straighten it straight up (vertically) rather than to the side.

Oooh, that sounds better. Is "Coppola" the brand name? (not after Beverly Coppola is it??) My friend does the Keratin treatment (Braziliana) at fab prices so I was going to use that one but I could maybe ask her for a different brand if it gives more "lift"................

I dry my hair upside down to get the desired volume which you could do regardless of the product chosen.

No its not Beverly I think the guy's name is Peter Coppola.

Angelina - thanks for the info.

Jacqui xx

Jacqui xx
Thanks gals. Jacqui, When you dry your hair upside down to get the volume, does the hair still stay smooth? but "big" if you know what I mean:biggrin:
Hair geeks, Could I put jumbo rollers in the crown for the 1st 24hrs to "lock" the fullness in or would that not work? My friend hasn't heard of the Coppola brand so I would be having the Braziliana, does any brand work with straightening it up in the air as advised???xxxx

Yes hair stays smooth and straight but bigger

Jacqui xx

I have one of those Babyliss Big Hair things that I use at home on my hair. It gives a great lift on the roots!

Yes hair stays smooth and straight but bigger

Jacqui xx

Ooh fab. Did your hairstylist put the keratin further down from the roots then? Thanks hun xxxx

No, she put the product where its supposed to go. I had no idea my hair would be quite so sleek and lovely which is why I started drying my hair with my head upside down so I could get the lift and volume.

I'm having it done again next week.

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back