Keratosis Pilaris??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*beautifulme*

Reaction score
One of my therapists is getting married in May, she is worried about her upper arms and she has KAERATOSIS PILARIS- this small rough spots on the upper arms,with a dry patch, there is no way to treat this as we've discovered on the internet- Appart from moisturising and exfoliating.
But we would love to know how you deal with this and is there anything you use on it that would help?

reputation points needed- please!

One of my therapists is getting married in May, she is worried about her upper arms and she has KAERATOSIS PILARIS- this small rough spots on the upper arms,with a dry patch, there is no way to treat this as we've discovered on the internet- Appart from moisturising and exfoliating.
But we would love to know how you deal with this and is there anything you use on it that would help?

Couldn't she just thoroughly exfoliate every day until the day she gets sprayed, then use the Aftercare moisturiser provided with the tanning solution?

What do you mean by reputation points needed?

I have this - its hideous. I posted about it last week and was given a link...
search my posts and have a look.
I am actually thinking of asking the doctor if there's any creams when I next go as I have it on my legs as well and only just realised that it has a name!
Also, there is a Keratosis Pilaris forum on the internet - lots of advice there.
Keratosis Pilaris Community
When I am going out I apply fake tan and also some foundation to my upper arms, but perhaps you could try one of the camofluage make up companies (for tatoos/birthmarks etc) as they have special make-up which I imagine would cover it well and which doesnt budge, so shouldnt come off on her dress?
I cant think of any names of companies but I do know that some of them will sell you a sample kit for a few pounds, this would prob be enough for a one-off.
Whatever you do, best of luck! If you find any thing good let me know.:)

Reference sell a product called lysing lotion, which you apply in the evening to the affected area, and in the morn you apply a lotion called milky emolia. This is really good at eliminating the rough bumps and improves the appearance of the skin.I've personally used it, aswell as many clients of the salon i worked in.HTHs:)

Is there maybe some sort of chemical peel tat can aid with the exfoliation...??

I know this may sound severe for it but im sure it wouldnt be...I know body brushing EVERY day before going into the shower helped with mine.

Diet is crucial aswell,but im not a nutritionist:rolleyes:

thanks for all the replies! the feed back was great. the links and info was useful

thanks again ladies

keep geekin'

Latest posts

Back