Kerratin Treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrightnails

Reaction score
Hi

I have just had a Kerratin Treatment and have to wash my hair after 3 days with a Sodium Laureth Sulphate free shampoo, have looked everywhere for one, any idea where I can get one please, won't get it in time if I buy over the internet so need to find one in a shop/supermarekt.

Thanks for your help

Becky

All the pureology range is SLS free. click on my haircare site.

Thats good to know!

joico have a great range....:)

but im curious to know why the salon didnt supply you with them?

i do the keratin straightening at my salon and it comes with the package...

x

an old friend of my daughters was alergic to sls, she used to buy shampoo from a health food shop that didnt contain it.

Im on my 3rd now and everytime i have it done my salon provide me with the special shampoo ( from the company who do the treatment) its a little naughty that your salon didn't

Anyways , when i run out ( between treatments) i use the "naked" range . you can get it in boots hunni.. think its on 2 for £6 @ the min... my hairdresser recommended this range so im guessing they have none of that stuff in... my hair is always fine when using it.

Oh and conditioners dont contain it anyways, again so my hairdresser says and again i never use the conditioner they supply as i like a mask !!!

hope this helps x x x
pippa

Twink, please don't send people to Boots for their shampoo. We are professionals on this forum, and use pro products only.

Twink, please don't send people to Boots for their shampoo. We are professionals on this forum, and use pro products only.

well the lady is asking for help asap and as i do not know of any professional products that dont contain them i have pointed her in the right direction to somewhere that does. that sounds like a very money grabbing snobby comment TBH. if something works it works. i always use proffes products ( kerestase ) however when u have these blow drys the products are not as readily available as just popping in a salon.Thank u:lick:

well the lady is asking for help asap and as i do not know of any professional products that dont contain them i have pointed her in the right direction to somewhere that does. that sounds like a very money grabbing snobby comment TBH. if something works it works. i always use proffes products ( kerestase ) however when u have these blow drys the products are not as readily available as just popping in a salon.Thank u:lick:
This is a professional forum we are not being snobby. As a hair geek i would never advise clients use non professional hair , nail or skin products as we are trying to raise the standard of our industry! Tnanks

so what would you have suggested to a lady who did not have time to get it online and didnt know where to go ??????

AS I PREVIOUSLY mentioned i DO use proffessional products always have but if in a case where i can not get hold of them then ( specific to keratin blowdrys ) you can use the Naked shampoo and you get it from boots.... what on earth is wrong with saying that. No where have i said that it is better and that you should use over proffessional .

Think my post needs to be re read. and not blown out of total context.

Twink sorry to disagree with you but i am refering to no 19 in the Geek Commandments

19 - Though shall not give pseudo-professional advice
In the forums where you are not a professional (i.e. the Hair Geek forum if you are not a professional hair messer) you may not give advice. This is a forum for professionals and the only way to keep it that way is to make sure that you are very careful in your comments that you make in forums where you hold no qualifications. It is fine to chime in with opinion as long as it does not lead readers to construe that the information you have given is a professional recommendation. On that note, please do NOT recommend OTC (Over the counter) products and services. These are not professional.

an old friend of my daughters was alergic to sls, she used to buy shampoo from a health food shop that didnt contain it.

i'm guilty too of offering non professional advice and i appologise.

if only the hairdresser that gave the treatment originally had been professional enough to retail the correct aftercare products in the first place then we all wouldnt be in this position now.

Totally agree angel fingers!
I offer keratin packages and hair extension packages and ALWAYS include the aftercare products in the price as i want the client to get the most out of their treatments.

Thanks guys, I brought a baby shampoo in Tesco's in the end, as I couldn't even get to boots in time.

The lady who did the treatment does it from home and doesn't sell the aftercare products, which I thought was a bit odd as well.

Never mind I got sorted in the end.

Beckyxxxxxxx

Baby shampoo is not sls free and will completely strip the keratin treatment. Whatever you do, don't use it, you will have wasted the money you spent on the kerastraight.

Hi i have had mine re done today and its sooooo much better than the previous salon i went to.

Anyways i hate my colour. its a horrible blonde and its worse this time of having it done ( not my usual hair dresser) they say dont colour but im wondering if that means no toners either ??? cany any1 help ???

sorry to crash in but kinda in relation to keratin

Latest posts

Back