kids nail party

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What bags do you use and where from please?

I am CRB checked as during the day I work in a school so they did all that for me. Both me and my friend do the Kids parties and it takes us both 2 hours to do 10 and thats a mini mani, polish and nail art and then we did do the bags but we were going over the top with what we put in so now we just so a special one for the birthday girl and the parents make up the guest bags. :):)

its not law that you are CRB checked, but if you are going to advertise yourself then it is better for you in the long run.

you've done well to get them to £1.50, alternatively you could have got some ready made up for about that at claires or au naturel.

ive looked into crb check and they said you cant be checked if you are self employed anybody know any different?

About nine years ago, I owned a childrens indoor playgym, I had it before I sold it for nearly three years. I was never CRB checked and it was never mentioned to me. Perhaps thats because they are the responsibility of their parents there I dont know, but I definitely think its a good idea to check it out. Sorry cant help any further.

I have been crb checked and thought that every job involving children required one?
It also gives the parents of the children reassurance when I tell them. xx

What do you have to show to the parents that a crb check has been done?

I was looking into this and was told unless i was with an organisation which could apply for a crb for me i was unable to get one.

Sam

What do you have to show to the parents that a crb check has been done?

I was looking into this and was told unless i was with an organisation which could apply for a crb for me i was unable to get one.

Sam

I think you might be right actually :hug:

I have done childrens princess parties for a while and i had staff that helped me. in regards to being crb checked this is not a must do but is good if u plan to offer this as a business. If u were to be hosting childrens parties from a venue, then u would need to be crb and have all the ealth and safety checks and so fourth, but because u are going into peoples homes and parents are present then this is not an issue. But at no time should u be left with the children on your own with out a parent present. Also u must get the childrens parents to sighn a declaration that they allow there child to have, nail art etc make up etc as you are not insured to work on clients under the age of 16. So responsibility has to be taken by the parents. For ten children i would alays take anouther member of staff, but i charged 98 pounds for seven princesses as others wise u loose money, i worked out depending on whether it was a themed party that the party bags were to cost no more than two pound per bag, and then one fifty for nails , toes, tattoos and hair . Petrol costs need to be taken into account and then your time. I would turn up half an hour befor the party and set up and then the party would last two hours. I have lots of info on packs to send out to parents and so on so if u are interested on doing this then pm me and i will help u any way i can hun. There is money to be made in parties, i have just booked one for 23 children, as it is twins and they are 6 years old, but i have had to get staff other wise it would not happen, but when u have doen a few school fairs and your used to the back ache u will love it. Get your hair in pig tails, glitzy tattoo on side of your face , baloons on sticks, disposable camera for the bithday girl, big shot at the end, kids on the couch all throw ballons up, u will love it
hope that has helped hun jennyx

I think kids would rather the nail art than having their nail shape perfect... I would do a quick file, then polish and add stickers/diamonds (faster than freehand). You could also purchase some cheap facial masks for each child, so they can wear a mask while they have their nails done... they'll love it!

PS: you could put a mini polish, mini nail file, and candy inside their bags>?

sallys do nail polishes tiny ones about £1.10!! called sally girl :) their small!

hi there pro impressions have always got nail art stickers on special for 30p but if your going to order I would only order the silver ones as the pink ones can have scratches or be fadded a bit so they dont look as pink as you would like them. missteen.co.uk have nail polish and lip gloss ect for 99p might be worth a look hth

Latest posts

Back