kids nail party

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lola67

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm back again after more advice!!:lol:
One of the mums at my sons school has asked me to do a pamper party for her daughters birthday, which is cool.
Just have a couple of questions:
I've said I'll provide a party bag, that way I can theme it to nails and also put one of my flyers in it with a discount voucher or something. I'm after ideas for what to put in it. I've done a search and have come up with a few things, bracelets, necklace etc, sweets (obviously!!!), maybe nail stickers. What I would like to put in is a sample pot of polish, about the size of the ones creative do sometimes. Have you got any ideas where I can get them? I don't want to go over board as this will cost too much.........
I thought that I would just do a shape & polish then a bit of nail art (hands or feet), is that enough or do you reckon I should offer more? make up or something as well?
I've given her a price of £5 a head, there's about 10 girls (age 7) and it's for 2 hours.
Any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Linds xx

Just would have thought that £5 was a bit cheap considering you have provided the bags.You arnt making much.

I charge £10+ per child and do nails with basic art , temporary tattoos which they love!!! and lip gloss, glitter in hair , gems on the face......loads of music too . and I do a "decorate a nail comp and the best one gets a prize,

all my goody bags have :
lip gloss
bratz stickers
pretty hair bands
glitter eye shadow
SWEETS!! lol
and my business card with an offer for the childs mum.
I tie all this up in florists wrap, the pretty cellophane with a pretty ribbon.
I find it looks more grown up which the children love.

I get some great little cheap things from clairs accessories but mostly POUNDLAND AND PRIMARK, they do 10 lipglosses for £1, which , when filling up party bags , is a bargain!!! xx xx

Hi, How long have you been offering your service as a nail tech?

Hi, How long have you been offering your service as a nail tech?
hi I qualified in 2005 but have only just got back into offering enhancements. I'm also a beauty therapist.

I realise now I've shot myself in the foot by going in too cheap, at £5:eek: , but when she asked me, it was a bit off the cuff and I just blurted out a price!! Having looked into a bit more I know I should've said higher but I think I'll just have to put this one down to experience. It's the first kids party I've done.
Linds
xx

hi I qualified in 2005 but have only just got back into offering enhancements. I'm also a beauty therapist.

I realise now I've shot myself in the foot by going in too cheap, at £5:eek: , but when she asked me, it was a bit off the cuff and I just blurted out a price!! Having looked into a bit more I know I should've said higher but I think I'll just have to put this one down to experience. It's the first kids party I've done.
Linds
xx

If the mum wants to refer more just make sure she knows your normal rate and that you were doing this at a reduced rate as a favour to her and because it was your first one.

Put adverts advertising the kids parties in the goodies bags with your chosen rate on them.

I charge £10 per child do file and polish with gems, 3d flowers, the birthday girl gets full mini manicure though, as it's her party.

My goody bags include lip gloss, glitter eyeshadow, hair bands/scrunchie, little bottle glitter nail varnsh, sweets, I also put in price lists and my business card.

Ju x

hi sorry to hijack your thread hun, but just wondered are you all CRB cleared when you do kids parties, its just something i thought about the other night, as i was thinking about doing my little girls party for her in oct and wondered if you were going to be involved with the kids surely you would need a CRB check? any advice guys

xxxx

sorry to promote my own shop here but sallys do some really cute nail varnishes, mulitcoloured pots of glitter and lip glosses for 99p - they'd be a cool idea! i love them and i'm a big kid (19!) but i'd charge extra for your party bags as they are going to be top banana!! have fun! Jo jo xxx

hi sorry to hijack your thread hun, but just wondered are you all CRB cleared when you do kids parties, its just something i thought about the other night, as i was thinking about doing my little girls party for her in oct and wondered if you were going to be involved with the kids surely you would need a CRB check? any advice guys

xxxx
very good question, i do kids parties and i teach at a college so it was law that i be CRB checked, i think nowdays u should cover yourself as much as possible, sad really but in light of everything going on in the news i feel much better knowing that i can say i am clear xxx would be interested in other geek comments on this, maybe a premium geek can start a poll thread?

I have been crb checked and thought that every job involving children required one?
It also gives the parents of the children reassurance when I tell them. xx

Hi

I was just wondering how you were going to fit them all in? I did a party a couple of weeks ago for 6 girls and it took 3 hours! Although we did do a couple of party games too.

I charge £10+ per child and do nails with basic art , temporary tattoos which they love!!! and lip gloss, glitter in hair , gems on the face......loads of music too . and I do a "decorate a nail comp and the best one gets a prize,

all my goody bags have :
lip gloss
bratz stickers
pretty hair bands
glitter eye shadow
SWEETS!! lol
and my business card with an offer for the childs mum.
I tie all this up in florists wrap, the pretty cellophane with a pretty ribbon.
I find it looks more grown up which the children love.

I get some great little cheap things from clairs accessories but mostly POUNDLAND AND PRIMARK, they do 10 lipglosses for £1, which , when filling up party bags , is a bargain!!! xx xx

Awww thats so cute, what do you use to get the gems to stick to the face?

I've given her a price of £5 a head, there's about 10 girls (age 7) and it's for 2 hours.
If you can manage to get through 10 in 2 hours I'll pay you myself... :eek:
If you're not left alone with the children then I would assume (maybe wrongly) that it would be ok...
It might be best to check with your local police station to be on the safe side.

Awww thats so cute, what do you use to get the gems to stick to the face?

the gems are from the accessories stand at primark, and i got about 100 for £1... they already had the sticky on them, like those sticky gem earrings kids can buy. claires sell them as do most pound stores hth xx

If you can manage to get through 10 in 2 hours I'll pay you myself... :eek:

I kinda thought about 15mins per child which brings it to 8, so it'll go over a bit, which is fine as its only round her house. She said it would probably run for about 2 hours. I'm sure if I speak to the her before she sends out invites and say, she'll do it for longer.......

I haven't been CRB checked, as this is the first time I've done any kids partys. I know the girl in question quite well as she goes to school with my son and has been to my house on a number of occasions for tea. But I shall def look into for the future.

Thanks for suggestions and ideas, I've had a look around and seen quite a lot of stuff thats pink, sparkley & cheap for the bags!!! And I've costed it out that I can do a bag for about £1.50, which is cool.
Linds xx

I haven't been CRB checked, as this is the first time I've done any kids partys. I know the girl in question quite well as she goes to school with my son and has been to my house on a number of occasions for tea. But I shall def look into for the future.
Criminal Records Bureau - Home Page
hth's

I have been crb checked and thought that every job involving children required one?
It also gives the parents of the children reassurance when I tell them. xx

Hi how did you get yourself a CRB check? I had to have one when I was a nursery nurse but that was a couple of years back and my employer did it, wasn't sure how you would go about getting yourself checked or it in writing but as I'm doing my price lists and thinking about children's parties at the moment & looking at doing something for my eldest sons summer fair if I might need one I'd rather cover my back!!! Thanks!!:)

Hi how did you get yourself a CRB check?
Click on the link I put in my last post Leah, all of the info is on there.
hth's

Hi how did you get yourself a CRB check? I had to have one when I was a nursery nurse but that was a couple of years back and my employer did it, wasn't sure how you would go about getting yourself checked or it in writing but as I'm doing my price lists and thinking about children's parties at the moment & looking at doing something for my eldest sons summer fair if I might need one I'd rather cover my back!!! Thanks!!:)

I am a registered foster carer and so have had to have crb checks done for that , they said it covers me to work with children , whatever job I am doing hth xx xx

Latest posts

Back