Killing off retail sales

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essexsiren

Reaction score
I originally posted this under skin, but it was pointed out that it was probably more appropriate to post it here. It has been brought to my attention that there are a couple of companies selling online who advertise as authorised stockists of a large number of cosmeceutical ranges, some of which I thought weren't available outside of professional salons, including Environ. Has anyone found that this has affected their retail sales, as the prices seem to be way below the RRP's and in fact just above what we buy in at? ☹️

Personally I have noticed it, I feel as though the pricing structure of many brands will continue to rise following brexit and some companies are just willing to sell off at a reduced rate to continue keeping overhead. As a pro when you pay into any brands you want education, support, results, marketing etc. Some of these brands have forgotten loyalty. They might be more obsessed with the social media influencer that they rave about in newsletters rather than rewarding the pros with incentives.

My previous comments on it are:
I have a mini gripe about the online aspects of it being sold online but as i'm aware they must have a face to face consultation or Skype consultation in order to buy the products.

I made a post about it.
https://www.salongeek.com/threads/jane-iredale.320833/#post-2608380 thread #17

Although I see it as brand awareness, sometimes it makes me think why have I invested my hard earned cash on a brand where they don't even take the training or the consultation side seriously in the professional sense.

This is the very reason I took on a 100% salon exclusive range. It makes no business sense whatsoever to stock a range that your clients can buy from other places at a cheaper price.
When I took over the distribution of the range in the UK I vowed that, for as long as I'm in charge it will never be available from anywhere other than an authorised salon.

I originally posted this under skin, but it was pointed out that it was probably more appropriate to post it here. It has been brought to my attention that there are a couple of companies selling online who advertise as authorised stockists of a large number of cosmeceutical ranges, some of which I thought weren't available outside of professional salons, including Environ. Has anyone found that this has affected their retail sales, as the prices seem to be way below the RRP's and in fact just above what we buy in at? ☹️
You should look up product diversion, inform your customers about these un-licenced retailers selling counterfeit products and the mark-up can be up to 15% above what you sell it for. As stylist we are hair dr's we know what works best for our customers and that crap is not!! I inform all my customers about this, it is hurting our industry.. We need to stand together and fight this because there are no laws that protect us from this. Please look it up, make copies and Inform everyone you can. If your customers know this it will not hurt your retail business too much.

You should look up product diversion, inform your customers about these un-licenced retailers selling counterfeit products and the mark-up can be up to 15% above what you sell it for. As stylist we are hair dr's we know what works best for our customers and that crap is not!! I inform all my customers about this, it is hurting our industry.. We need to stand together and fight this because there are no laws that protect us from this. Please look it up, make copies and Inform everyone you can. If your customers know this it will not hurt your retail business too much.

I think the point is missed here. These are not counterfeit products. These 'professional' companies are supplying these large e-tailers, taking what would be their profits if these companies kept to their principals.

Latest posts

Back