Kim Lawless course with absolutely NO waxing experience?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisKross

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I'm new here and have read lots of you raving about Kim Lawless intimate waxing course. I think I'd like to do both that and the speed waxing course but I have absolutely no waxing experience at all.

I'm starting at college in September, completely retraining after working in the NHS for 12 years. The course does have a module that covers waxing so is it better to do that first and then book a Kim Lawless course?

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Thank you!

Hi Folks

I'm new here and have read lots of you raving about Kim Lawless intimate waxing course. I think I'd like to do both that and the speed waxing course but I have absolutely no waxing experience at all.

I'm starting at college in September, completely retraining after working in the NHS for 12 years. The course does have a module that covers waxing so is it better to do that first and then book a Kim Lawless course?

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Thank you!

I believe she advises those that are good at basic waxing won't get much benefit from the speed waxing course. So is down to you really. I have no waxing experience at all, and am booked in for Kim's course on the 26th (also currently work for the NHS!)
There is a beauty school near by me where I could of chosen to do their waxing course, but I decided, for me, I would like to be trained by Kim herself and learn a great technique right from the word go.

With Kim you will probably be fine with a short course because she doesn't just train you and leave you she will also support you after for as long as you need.

I had never waxed before and done the Kim Lawless speed waxing it was absolutely fine and I wasn't the only non waxer so go for it !!!

I want to do a course with Kim just finding childcare hard at the moment as I tend to do all m courses weekends or evening .

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to book both courses as soon as I get back from holiday, I'm excited to get started asap!

Ah, I'm not the only one getting out of the NHS while the going's good :)

Don't suppose anyone can recommend any hotels near the training can they? I'll be travelling from the north west so won't get to Essex and back in a day.

And yeah, juggling childcare, college and work - nightmare!! From everything I've heard and read this one will be worth it though. I don't think there's anyone near me that's trained with Kim, I have searched the internet and phoned every salon within a 15 mile radius... if they have they're not advertising it very well.

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to book both courses as soon as I get back from holiday, I'm excited to get started asap!

Don't suppose anyone can recommend any hotels near the training can they? I'll be travelling from the north west so won't get to Essex and back in a day.

And yeah, juggling childcare, college and work - nightmare!! From everything I've heard and read this one will be worth it though. I don't think there's anyone near me that's trained with Kim, I have searched the internet and phoned every salon within a 15 mile radius... if they have they're not advertising it very well.

She will recommend places for you to stay when you book.

If I remember rightly there's hotel information on her website in the training section?

Debbs x

I did both and had never waxed before. A few of the girls said that they had trained at college but weren't confident and didn't really learn much, just got given wax and strips and left to get on with it! Also on Kim's speed waxing you learn how to use hot wax for face/underarms etc. which I don't think you do at college. Someone correct me if I'm wrong! Anyway, I only trained in November and now waxing is my main thing and all my clients come from recommendations, usually on fb. Good luck. X

Latest posts

Back