Knee operations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren121

Reaction score
Right so I'm hoping my bad luck for this year is over with as I've now got to have key hole surgery on my knee!

This will be my 6th operation this year! So I'm hoping it's going to be my last!

Anyone had keyhole on their knee what's the recovery like?

Right so I'm hoping my bad luck for this year is over with as I've now got to have key hole surgery on my knee!

This will be my 6th operation this year! So I'm hoping it's going to be my last!

Anyone had keyhole on their knee what's the recovery like?

No advice to offer, sorry....just wanted to wish you luck with number 7 ;)

Oh Lauren [emoji15]
Good luck, hope all goes well. Xx

Oh Lauren [emoji15]
Good luck, hope all goes well. Xx
Thank you provisionally booked in for 29th Sep just got to wait for paper confirmation x

My bestfriend had this done on her knee (torn ACL) a few years ago and it wasn't that bad. She was on crutches for a few weeks after, minimal pain (aspirin worked for the pain, she didn't need anything like codeine etc). It's not terribly invasive so the recovery is speedy. I wish you the best!!

My bestfriend had this done on her knee (torn ACL) a few years ago and it wasn't that bad. She was on crutches for a few weeks after, minimal pain (aspirin worked for the pain, she didn't need anything like codeine etc). It's not terribly invasive so the recovery is speedy. I wish you the best!!
Thank you! Yeah they say keyhole is a quick recover surgery! X

What key hole surgery are you getting? Ask a million questions and make sure you know every single thing they are going to be doing! And ALWAYS get a second opinion before letting anyone near you. Good luck xx

There's only one hospital I will go to now because of the recent f**k ups I had with nhs! It's to remove a meniscus tear or repair it he said he won't know the extent of it till he's in there X

I hope it goes well Hun. Did you have an op go wrong before? I can't give advice on recovery cause both mine went wrong however I will say you know your body better than anyone if you feel somethings wrong kick up fuck until they listen to you. I got told recover is relatively quick for key hole surgery and that usually you don't need crutches afterwards, keep it elevated and rest afterwards but also keep it moving I think you're supposed to see a physio before you're released so they tell you what you do. Good luck xxx

I hope it goes well Hun. Did you have an op go wrong before? I can't give advice on recovery cause both mine went wrong however I will say you know your body better than anyone if you feel somethings wrong kick up fuck until they listen to you. I got told recover is relatively quick for key hole surgery and that usually you don't need crutches afterwards, keep it elevated and rest afterwards but also keep it moving I think you're supposed to see a physio before you're released so they tell you what you do. Good luck xxx
Yeah I had an abscess and it turned into narcotising fasciitis don't google it if your eating! And I told them something wasn't right the first day I went to hospital as it had doubled in size in 12 hours and they left me 3 days before operating! I was on oxygen at one point cos my stats had dropped that low! So yeah bad experience!

I've got a scar right on the front of my knee cap and that was an absolute nightmare to heal so I'm hoping that because these will be on the side of my knee it won't be as bad! I did that one without crutches and I was in school and walking around all day everyday so hoping I can do this without too!

Thanks for your help x

Hopefully this one goes better then! I have 2 scars at the bottom of my knee and one just above it to the side they went in through the same place for my second op to save having hundreds of scars they healed relatively quick it was steri stripped shut and I had to wear dressings for a week and the steri strips just fell off when they were ready and my scars are pretty small so that's always a bonus haha xx

My knees are covered in scars from being a kid but I'm glad it's on my knee with the big scar makes it look like they all from the same thing! He said it looked like quiet a big tear from the mri scan but I'm wondering wether it half happened years ago when I got tripped up the stairs and split my knee open and then twisting it made it go more causing it to hurt me more God knows but he said as it's quiet big the tear he can't say wether it's repairable until he looks at it close up! It's quiet a common procedure and it sounds quiet simple recovery hopefully it will be easy sailing! Roll on 2017 hopefully no more operations!

Thought I would update you all! I've had it done and honestly doesn't even feel like I've had anything done to it! No pain or anything apart from the side effects from the anaesthetic but it's my 6th one this year so it's taking me longer to get over them! X

That's so good you're not in pain with it Lauren! 6th one this year you poor love! When did you have it done?

That's so good you're not in pain with it Lauren! 6th one this year you poor love! When did you have it done?
Well 6th anaesthetic this year!

I had it done on Thursday afternoon! And I was so surprised at how easily it was to walk after it I was really surprised!

Must admit they've butchered my hand usually I ask for magic cream but I got used to having cannulas replaced without them when I was in in Feb I thought I'll be strong and just grit my teeth but Christ I felt like a little kid I cried and screamed the room out! So so painful! I had the mask to put me to sleep and it left a vile taste all day so kept making me sick! They tried 3 times when I was asleep for a cannula I've got 3 holes and a bruise that literally fills my hand! That was the worst bit of it! X

Latest posts

Back