Know it all people

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flic22

Reaction score
Aghhhh!! I could scream today. I had someone telling me Shellac should be filed off that it was gentler to the nail than using acetone. She would NOT listen. Others were agreeing saying salons that they go to file it off for them.

Sounds very frustrating.

CND produce fact sheets on their website about correct pep and removal but they sound like the types not to listen.

I'm betting these salons are using knock off shellac. If you took a drill to a nail I'd done you'd be through to the bed really quickly. You'd be so long being careful to just remove shellac it'd be be quicker to soak off.

There's a salon I watch on fb purely to see when they get shut down, every techs got a non branded lamp & there's photos of people's nails with clear signs of acrylic allergy, not just one either. I'm pretty sure it's MMA too going by the extreme length of the extensions.

People call her the nail queen.

Oh that sounds so frustrating to watch that happen.

Yes they are the types that wont listen. Telling me acetone will dry out the matrix and make nails brittle long term.

How on earth would it dry the matrix out? It's supplied with blood. Bloods wet.

I bet they don't even know who Doug Schoon is.

Latest posts

Back