koleston colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njrivett

Reaction score
i have been using koleston colours for years, but am really fed up with them discontinuing lovely colours.
Does anyone know how i can mix up a 6/45 and also a 5/46 using the existing colours?
Also the 66/ range- can these be used straight onto the scalp? and if so with what result?
Thanks

i have been trying to phone the wella helpline but no one ever gets back to me!!
Am seriously thinking of changing to Matrix!!!

Hi,
The 66/'s are fine on the scalp,i have used quite a few of these.They are the same really just a more intense depth and white hair coverage is better.I like the results.
I'm quite impressed with the new intense Reds's.I've found they come out very true and last very well,haven't had any fade as yet with any of my clients when they've been back for regrowth's :)

55/46 would be closest to 5/46,I shouldn't think they'd be much in it just better coverage ?
To get 6/45 i think i would go for 6/5 and add 5cm of Red mixtone ? Or take a test strand and play about a bit :)
Hope that was some help
There is alot of info on the wella professionals site that may help if you can't get through on the helpline
link...
WELLA PROFESSIONALS - KOLESTON PERFECT - START HAIRDRESSER?

If you are mixing the intense reds with double base with a base colour you need to use a double base. E.g. if you use 55/65 you need to mix it with 55/0 rather than 5/0 to tone it down otherwhise it'll still come out very purple. Speaking from experience here...:)

If you are mixing the intense reds with double base with a base colour you need to use a double base. E.g. if you use 55/65 you need to mix it with 55/0 rather than 5/0 to tone it down otherwhise it'll still come out very purple. Speaking from experience here...:)

If you use 55/ for an intense tone like 55/65, it's too much base, only ever use 5/ as 55/ is for extra coverage. Hth x

Hiya I got a leaflet from wella years ago with regards to discontinued colours,
Will do a post with them all when I have more time but for now....5/46 there is no direct comparison
6/45...20ml 6/5 + 12ml 0/45 + 4ml 0/66

Kaylee :) x

thanks everyone, gr8 advice
have only just found this website and is hooked!! - move over facebook!! haha:lol:

Latest posts

Back