Koleston colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jems

Reaction score
Hi Hair Geek,
Would love some advice on koleston colours

sorry i meant 99/0 and 8/07

Koleston are very flat colours and outdated and the tones don't last for long best colour is matrix they have a toner in to tone out the underlying natural tone so you was always get a perfect colour and are all in fashion

Well I have been using matrix for 1 year know and find the colours are very good the koleston are very dated I am not saying my colours didn't process correctly just looking back I can see the difference between them know compared to matrix just saying my personal opinion which she is asking advice

Well I have been using matrix for 1 year know and find the colours are very good the koleston are very dated I am not saying my colours didn't process correctly just looking back I can see the difference between them know compared to matrix just saying my personal opinion which she is asking advice
How can you say they are dated ??? wt ??

I don't feel they are as good as others atall just very flat colours like I said it's my personal opinion not everyone will agree but others may agree I am not trying to start a debate just saying what I feel !

To the OP what advice in particular were you looking for?

I really cant understand why stylists have to knock another colour house, its entirely a personal thing, not one to blow my own trumpet but i consider myself to be a Wella expert ( Ive worked with it for 26 yrs) and i feel it is at the cutting edge of fashion ( the same as any other colour house ) . If you look at Wella colours they do indeed have their own tones added , plus the advantage of using mix tones so each hairdresser can be creative. I'm not starting a debate either, i just feel strongly that a colour house shouldn't be knocked , Ive not worked with Matrix , but im sure it has its advantages just like any other ;-) xx

Hi Hair Geek,
Would love some advice on koleston colours
What would you like to know ? fire away and im sure i can help you ;-) xx

Hi, re koleston colours, just wanted to know if you felt that by putting on 99/0 and 8/07 to bleached hair that has gone khaki would give some warmth and neutralise the ash, bearing in mind her roots are quite golden.

Hi, re koleston colours, just wanted to know if you felt that by putting on 99/0 and 8/07 to bleached hair that has gone khaki would give some warmth and neutralise the ash, bearing in mind her roots are quite golden.

You need a gold tone to neutralise the ash, so in wella that is a /3 tone. However I'd avoid applying to the already golden roots.

Ok Gems , need abit more info if that's OK hun, IE what did you use on hair etc , the porosity of hair . ;-) xx

Dated???? Lol never heard that one before!

Latest posts

Back