KP/CT to Illumina formula

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannsh

Reaction score
Hi All,

Hope you are doing OK. How can I replicate the Les Beiges tones (/97) from the KP and CT lines with Illumina? I know Illumina is violet based, so I’m apprehensive about it pulling too cool.

Any formula recs much appreciated!

Hi All,

Hope you are doing OK. How can I replicate the Les Beiges tones (/97) from the KP and CT lines with Illumina? I know Illumina is violet based, so I’m apprehensive about it pulling too cool.

Any formula recs much appreciated!
Why do you want to use illumina specifically?

Why do you want to use illumina specifically?

Hey Ronray, I’m not keen on KP since the formula change so looking for an alternative.

Hey Ronray, I’m not keen on KP since the formula change so looking for an alternative.
Are you covering any white hair?

Are you covering any white hair?

The client I have in mind is a natural very warm level 8 with a a few greys. She wants to be cooler but not so much that it jars with her regrowth, so that’s why I immediately thought of /97. She only wants to be a shade or two lighter also.

The client I have in mind is a natural very warm level 8 with a a few greys. She wants to be cooler but not so much that it jars with her regrowth, so that’s why I immediately thought of /97. She only wants to be a shade or two lighter also.
Okay its very warm and she wants to go lighter, it's unlikely you'll achieve a cool result. You'd be better off prelightening it and toning. Otherwise I'd try 10/1 +9/60 with 9%

Thanks Ronray. I know Illumina is pretty translucent but was hoping the violet kick would tone things well enough. I think I’ll suggest just going one shade lighter for better control but will uses your suggested tones. Thanks again :)

Latest posts

Back