L’Oréal and white hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi could any one help please I use L’Oréal Majirel on my client who is 100% white hair and for the past few times I have noticed it’s not covering the white 100% ! I have tried mixing a warm basic with a warm shade 50:50 and a cool basic and a cool shade 50/50 , even used the basics and even dropped a shade darker for the white to the end shade . The only option I have left is to pre soften with 20 vol ?? The desired shade is 6:32 and today I applied 1/2 5.32 and 1/2 5.3 20 vol and still not covered 100% .

I use L'Oreal, INOA....they have their FUNDIMENTAL range especially developed for coverage, try the 6.3

Have you tried 'Supreme' by L'Oreal....that will also cover white hair well, and they come as ready mixed fashion shades :cool:

I love majirel but I find this! Has your developer or colour oxidised and gone off? I pre soften with afew clients and mix the colour a little thicker. I also take finer sections and really try to saturate it with stubborn greys. It's so annoying !!

I would try 1:1 6N/.0+6G/.3 with 25vol. You need to replace the RYB pigments that make up all color in the white hair for coverage. 25vol=1:1 30vol+20vol. What about 15 mins under the hood dryer on lo heat lo air flow to help get that cuticle opened? You can also add a 1" of pure gold intensifier to the formulation for a little more glitter.

Latest posts

Back