l&p not thick enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystals

Reaction score
can any one help, ive been doing nails for about 4 months. when i do my sister & 2 nieces they come of after only a few days, my sister thinks there not thick enough i put on 4 beads of l&p to each finger. i do my own nails as well and mine are fine. :sad:

Hi,
Some people just can't have acylic on their nails, it's hard to tell if your L&P is thick enough without seeing them, how do they start to come off, do they lift, crack and break, tip...ect. When they come off are they clean underneath ( if they are complete) or cloudy...
Another alternative is to try a different system on your sister. maybe gel or fibre would be more suitable. How old are they and what is their life style like? All these are questions you have to ask your self when you are trying to solve a problem.
I hope this helps honey...my moto is always, that if you don't suceed to try, try and try again.

is it the whole nail enhancement that comes off or just the tip
if it is the whole nail enhancement that comes off then it has nothing to do with the thickness of the overlay, i would say its your prep, even if you think it is fine it sounds like it is. go to premium geek then click on the tutorials and find the one about prep this will solve your problems..........if it is the latter and the tips are breaking off then it maybe your not building the apex well enough (zone2) again geegs tutorials have all you need to know
hth :D

my sister did use a salon in town so shes like they do this n they do that, which annoys me!!! as far as prep goes i use antibacterial handgel then do cuticle work, buff nails with white block,wipe with sanitising spray, the nails are coming of in full one at a time, im not to clever at getting the hight in zone two.

if you are sure that your prep is correct then i would do a search on starnails if that is the product you are using.
i do know that in previous posts alot of nail technicians on here were disatisfied with that line of product they where sure their prep was fine then they changed to another brand and their problems where solved.
i must admit i was guilty of going to sally's buying star nails and the results i had where awful...........lifting discolouration.....
i changed to another companies product and have never looked back........
again if your absolutely sure you prep is top notch then it could be the brand of product your using letting you down.
again though please read the tutorials you never know it maybe something utterly simple you are missing out.
also ring the company you trained with they know the product they may point you in the right direction. :green:

thanks very much for your help iwas thinking of changing my products, thanks dianna......

Latest posts

Back