L&P on a nail biter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazzlingDetails

Reaction score
Morning...please can I ask you opinions...I did a full set of L&P yesterday for a friend of mine who is an incredibly bad nail biter...on pretty much all of her nails she had less that half a cm of nail plate...I kept them as short as I could and I'm fairly new to L&P as I'm really a Brisa girl by heart but know L&P suit nail biters the best...anyway myself and my client were happy with them in the end and I posted a pic to my FB...This morning I have woken up to 3 different comments from different people, on down in South Hamptonsaying "omg:(" & the other two written in polish which one translated to "massacre " and the other "disgusting"...I honestly thought I had done the best I could with the nails I had in front of me but now I'm not so sure...Please can I have your honest thoughts and opinions ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384590286.986261.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384590300.931195.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384590311.114404.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384590321.931015.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384590332.581096.jpg

Morning...please can I ask you opinions...I did a full set of L&P yesterday for a friend of mine who is an incredibly bad nail biter...on pretty much all of her nails she had less that half a cm of nail plate...I kept them as short as I could and I'm fairly new to L&P as I'm really a Brisa girl by heart but know L&P suit nail biters the best...anyway myself and my client were happy with them in the end and I posted a pic to my FB...This morning I have woken up to 3 different comments from different people, on down in South Hamptonsaying "omg:(" & the other two written in polish which one translated to "massacre " and the other "disgusting"...I honestly thought I had done the best I could with the nails I had in front of me but now I'm not so sure...Please can I have your honest thoughts and opinions View attachment 48069View attachment 48070View attachment 48071View attachment 48072View attachment 48073

They are not dreadful BUT I think you could have shaped the free edge to a softer curve rather than absolutely square form which doesn't suit her hands or the length of the nails.

These days many do an illusion nail which, without colour, makes the nail beds look much longer and slimmer. Using a solid colour doesn't add the illusion of long or slim.

The actual nails you did look smooth and not disgusting at all ... Perfectly fine in fact ... It's just that these days you could have perhaps offered more in the way of a makeover. It is a tough job though to make anything really pretty when the nails are so very short and the hands not the nicest either.

People who write messages like the ones you received are trolls. Don't let them upset you.

Thanks Geeg...
So I will definitely recommend a change in shape when I see her again in 10 days...Would an illusion nail work on a length as short as hers...I'm worries if she had them any longer that they wouldn't last too minutes xxx

Thanks Geeg...
So I will definitely recommend a change in shape when I see her again in 10 days...Would an illusion nail work on a length as short as hers...I'm worries if she had them any longer that they wouldn't last too minutes xxx

Th idea isn't to make the actual enhancement any longer, but to make the nail bed appear as if it were longer by using an opaque powder (which covers everything underneath) and then just use polish to paint a tiny free edge of soft white or French white.

I would not change them at this stage .. Only the free edge shape to more tapered side walls and a soft gentle curved edge .. It's a subtle change but it will not look as aggressive and it will be more flattering. IMO x

Thank you...Will do and I will attaching pictures when I see her again xxx

Latest posts

Back