L & P pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, Just after some advice, Im nearly qualified on my cnd foundation course and am really not sure what to charge, i will do an introductory offer price but after that im not totally sure, i will be using cnd products, much appreciate your help :)

CND do a good breakdown of product costs on their website, which should help you to at least factor in those costs.

But then you should be thinking about charging for your time, petrol if mobile or rent costs.

Forgot to add - check out the competition in your area, but don't undercut yourself! Maybe a start up cost to get the clients to come to you - but with a specific cut off date.

Thanks, i did have a little look on cnd website and i seen the costing sheets but they looked like they werent for this country, unless i didnt look right, il look again.

Do an add up in US Dollars for each treatment, then go to XE currency converter site and convert the totals to GBP.

:)

Thanks, thats twice youve helped me tonight, think i need to borrow your brain, cheers xx

If you ring the sweetsquared head office in leads, who u would have booked your training with, They will
Send u out a cost per service breakdown sheet which will be better as you can then keep it close at hand :) xx

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Thanks, that sounds good, il give them a ring tomoro xx

I started charging £15 per full set, £10 or rebalance. I then put that up in £5 increments after a couple of months. I'm now at £25 and £20.

I've just done the cnd conversion, but haven't done a set since. I'm still nervous as I don't know what about pink and white, despite doing quite a few sets, they'll all been glitter.

I've a good friend, who for financial reasons has had to stop having hers done, so I'm doing hers for free to re-practice my pink and white. Not good business sense I know, but she helps me in other ways, bit its a bit of a swapping of services.

Once I feel ok with those darn z1 whites, I'll be well away :D

But yeah, look at the local prices. If theres are NSS shops (non standard) don't bother factoring in their cheap prices, you're using quality products, base your decisions on that :D

Good luck :green:

Thanks waxcetera, i know what your saying about getting it right, its definately not as easy as it looks. I think its a good idea doing your friend that way you get your practise and im sure she knows you cant go on not charging her forever.
Because im using quality products then i cant go really cheap, think il do an introductory offer for 3 months or so, il look around at local prices aswell.
Good luck with z1
Thanks
xx

Thanks waxcetera, i know what your saying about getting it right, its definately not as easy as it looks. I think its a good idea doing your friend that way you get your practise and im sure she knows you cant go on not charging her forever.
Because im using quality products then i cant go really cheap, think il do an introductory offer for 3 months or so, il look around at local prices aswell.
Good luck with z1
Thanks
xx
yw :D

don't undersell yourself, I'd rather have 1 client a week at my price than 10 at a price I won't make money from, but then I'm stubborn lol

I completely agree with waxcetera! I would rather attract the type of clients who prefer quality (in products as well as in you and your quality of prep and application etc) and will pay the price rather than those who want cheap and quick with less attention to detail who are less likely to be repeat business.

I too have recently trained, just started being mobile and I have an intro price until 31st may as I'm not 100% confident with my smiles donut allows me to build a clientele base whilst giving me those months to practice practice practice on people and my nail trainer...Jane!

:) xx

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Thanks for your replies, i have a nail trainer too, that the creative academy have let me use to practice on, not getting on very well with it, the nails keep popping off and the glue doesn't stick very well, i will keep trying with it though. xx

Latest posts

Back