L & P when its warm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire C

Reaction score
Hi

I am currently training with essential nails but also learning so much from you experienced guys on here. I have my Hand to train on but I have loads of friends who are willing to let me practice on them which is great cos they all have different shaped nail beds. So far so good, most of the sets I have done have turned out really well and everyone is chuffed. However I did a friends last night at her house which is really warm and I found that the acrylic was curing really quickly, which I know is what would happen, but I found it difficult to smooth over because it was setting before I could do it. Anyway with a bit of filing managed to turn out an ok set, but my question is... when it is warm and you know that the acrylic will cure quicker can you work with a wetter bead or will this cause lifting. Not had this problem with my other volunteers cause they all come to my house which is always on the cool side:). Any other advice when working on warm hands or when it's warm would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the ramble!!

Hi

I am currently training with essential nails but also learning so much from you experienced guys on here. I have my Hand to train on but I have loads of friends who are willing to let me practice on them which is great cos they all have different shaped nail beds. So far so good, most of the sets I have done have turned out really well and everyone is chuffed. However I did a friends last night at her house which is really warm and I found that the acrylic was curing really quickly, which I know is what would happen, but I found it difficult to smooth over because it was setting before I could do it. Anyway with a bit of filing managed to turn out an ok set, but my question is... when it is warm and you know that the acrylic will cure quicker can you work with a wetter bead or will this cause lifting. Not had this problem with my other volunteers cause they all come to my house which is always on the cool side:). Any other advice when working on warm hands or when it's warm would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the ramble!!

Yes you need to be adaptable and adjust your ratio to work best with climatic changes.

Another thing you can do is to work with smaller beads and more of them so that it is a case of press pull and your done.

Lastly, you can learn to work much faster when it is warm.

Thanks Geeg, I was working wetter but was worried about lifting with changing the ratio.

I will hopefully be able to work faster as I get more practice but still concentrating on the right shape and keeping product away from the cuticle:lol:

hi, try putting your monomer in the fridge while prepping to keep it cool, I am mobile and i put a cool pack in my box near the monomer to keep it cool, hope this helps

Latest posts

Back