La Palm/Gel II

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought two reactions, two colours, one glow in the dark and the no wipe topcoat (which, agreed, does blow your mind). I wish I'd bought more colours though!

My only niggle is the size if the brush - it's quite wide so pinkies are more challenging. :)

I don't buff before application. I've been using it 3 months now and in that time I've only buffed on 1 client. Reason behind the buffing is she has very oily skin and hair and has never been able to keep any gel polish on longer than a week. I literally 'tickled' the surface with the file then cleansed the nail and straight into colour coats. She got a full 2 weeks wear before wanting to remove due to regrowth. Everyone is getting at least 2 weeks wear no problem.

Steph xx

Thanks Steph, I've seen others mentiom they don't buff as well. I'm wondering what the negatives are?!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a nail done at Olympia great so far, feels really good on the nail not to thick as I find gelish is.i used a reaction polish today on myself but found it a bit transparent when warm great when cool any tips be great x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can you buy online yet?

Will they be at professional beauty?

Does anyone know please?

The UK Distributor is the Creative Beauty Group and they are setting up the online shop at the moment, so not yet live. You will need to register for the trade only shop, details are on their website and their FB page. A Google search will bring up both.

I think the latest on the shop is early next week. Can't wait!

I had a nail done at Olympia great so far, feels really good on the nail not to thick as I find gelish is.i used a reaction polish today on myself but found it a bit transparent when warm great when cool any tips be great x

Apply a similar colour under it. Unfortunately the reactions need 3 to 4 coats for full coverage on the warm colour. So to combat it add a similar colour under. For example i did a Coat kf Blue Blue then 2 of Shark Bite on this set and the coverage is perfect when warm.

Steph xx

Attachments

• 1411634227380.jpg
    1411634227380.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 1411634238976.jpg
    1411634238976.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 144
Thanks Steph, I've seen others mentiom they don't buff as well. I'm wondering what the negatives are?!

None that I've found so far. Removal is a bit of a pain when hands are cold but I'm hoping a wheat bag I've ordered will resolve that x.

Steph xx

None that I've found so far. Removal is a bit of a pain when hands are cold but I'm hoping a wheat bag I've ordered will resolve that x.

Steph xx

Ha ha! Glad you didn't go with my original suggestion and got the pretty one instead lol x

I bought the cordless lamp and 8 colours. The lamp is fab but when I did my own the automatic lights were tempremental so I was so worried about using it on my next client - but it worked fine with her so I'm not sure what happened there. On my next client the fan kept kicking in. It wasn't too loud but I didn't realise it had I e that would kick in so was a bit taken aback when it did.

I've done some colour pops today so will upload later. Their white is absolutely amazing. One coat and it was such a fantastic finish and opaque/even. I did two tho just because I'm old on it.

A couple of points about the lamp - if your client puts their hand in too quickly or before you've switched it on they'll turn it into a manual lamp - the sensors won't work.

The sensor works by picking up when there is a change in light entering the lamp, if there is a lot of natural light around you will need to cover the entrance to the lamp with your hand when your client has put their hand in - this will trick the sensor and start the lamp.

The fan kicks in when the lamp gets warm, again this is on a sensor.

Right - will try this then - as I've just done a bride and maid of honour and half way through it wasn't switching on again. A bit embarrassing but will try these tips - thank you :)

Arr ok thankyou stephiebaby will try 2 colurs :) x

Latest posts

Back