LA sectioning and micro ring placement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allie21

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to LA weave and still learning.
I’m practicing on dolly and was just wondering, is my bottom row two high up or will there still be enough room for my next two rows.
Also are my micro ring placement/size correct?
Any help would be much appreciated.
E974C0A3-25C7-4B47-8BF3-1BCE8C3450B8.jpeg
293414B6-BC82-4E94-8BA0-FCE84001C950.jpeg

All depends on the client. As long as you can't see the weft when their hair is up you can go as low or high as you want. Pull the hair up and make sure you cant see the microbeads. On clients, before you put the beads in, put a pintail comb along where you think your first section will be and pull the hair up over the comb, if you can't see it you're good, if you can then you'll need to adjust. Hope that makes sense!

I personally don't do horizontal sections like that as I find the little nape piece pointless. I do more of a horseshoe section.

You need to make sure the microbeads are flat to the head as it'll cause tension and thus traction alopecia if not.

Thanks for the advice.

Never heard of doing a horseshoe section so will give it go.

Will also try and work out better bead placement to make my micro rings flatter.

Also in training we were recommend to do V sections for placing the micro rings, but everywhere I've read seems to do square sections what do you do?

Its not so much your placement, thats fine, its just that the hair going into the microbead should by line flat does that make sense? You've almost got it.

I've never done v sections as I feel square gives more support. I think you would take v sections if you were doing bonds or individuals but I don't know much about those methods!

Latest posts

Back