LA tan booster drops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beccy34

Reaction score
Hi girls, just wondering if any of you have experienced problems with the tan not becoming darker using the booster drops from LA tanning?
I've had a couple of customers say their tan wasn't as dark as previously and for both of them I'd used booster drops from a new bottle I bought recently. I also tried them on myself last night to boost a 10% to 12%. I'm fair skinned and you can hardly tell I have a tan today :/ anyone else experienced the same problem or have any idea why this might be happening? I always thoroughly clean my gun so it can't be that. TIA x

How long has your solution been open for? It sounds like your solution may be degrading and causing the problem rather then the boosters drops. If the booster drops are new then they are unlikely to be causing the issue. Maybe try spraying the tan without any boosters and see how it turns out x

The solution I used last night is about 3 months old, but the one I used last week on the customer was only about a month old?

My thinking is that its probably your solution. Even if your boosters have gone off they wouldn't effect the tan developing. For instance if you added gone off boosters to 10% tan your tan should still develop to minimum 10% due to active DHA in solution. If your solution had gone off and you added boosters they would just bump up the DHA but tan wouldn't develop properly as DHA in solution has degraded.

Definitely do a test spray of your solution as is not unheard of for solution to go off in such a short space of time. Let me know how you get on x

Latest posts

Back