LA Tan solutions - 18% lighter than 14%?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennatree

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I use LA tanning company's solutions. I recently did a spray tan party with 3 ladies. 2 of them had 14% (one was the 14% cocktail solution, the other a 12% with booster drops to increase it to a 14) and the other lady had the 18% Disco solution. Well apparently the 2 14%s were great (the 12% plus drops came out the darkest) but the 18% faded a lot and and after showering off it was lighter than the 14% ones. Why would this be? I used the same technique to spray all 3. Could it just depend on the person and their skin type? I was told that they'd all done their skin prep properly. Any ideas? Thanks geeks :)

It will be down to the persons skin and how it reacts to the DHA.

I use LA Tan and have used Coctail, Disco and Fast and I feel they are darker than each other (in order), just as they should be.

It will be down to the persons skin and how it reacts to the DHA.

I use LA Tan and have used Coctail, Disco and Fast and I feel they are darker than each other (in order), just as they should be.
you can put a 12% on one person and a 16% on another and the 12% will come out darker. at certain times in the month with ladies a 12% will be lighter than usual as its all to do with hormone levels affecting the strength and ph balance of the amino acids in the skin.
Quite often people think companies have labled it up wrong. or the solution is going off. In my experience this very very rarely happens. and its simply down to the clients skin condition

Different people have different PH levels on their skin. So you can spray 2 people with the same skin type, with the same solution and one can come out darker than the other.
Some people's skin can only absorb so much DHA so even if you sprayed them with an 18%, if their skin won't take more than a 12% then they will only go to around a 12%. This is unusual though and you won't get many people like that.
Also, a lot of LA Tan's solution are double dipped meaning that they put twice as much bronzer in and so once washed off it will look a lot lighter than when first applied.

Thanks geeks, I thought this might be the case but I'd not used the 18% before so wasn't sure x

Latest posts

Back